Cadets 2017

I hope to share the same sentiment.

You really need to hop back onto the cadet hype-train and have FAITH :) C'mon now...they will be GREAT as they usually have been for DECADES...great corps like the cadets usually bounce back after an off year...

You really need to hop back onto the cadet hype-train and have FAITH :) C'mon now...they will be GREAT as they usually have been for DECADES...great corps like the cadets usually bounce back after an off year...

"hop back" may be his hurdle.

• Like 2

As much as I wish I could this early, I'm just not mentally available for it right now. If they prove me wrong somewhere throughout the course of the summer, I'll be back quicker than the French TGV.

"hop back" may be his hurdle.

Clearly, but I'm not gonna bash him over this forum. Regardless, he still has brought great things to The Cadets.

• Like 1

As much as I wish I could this early, I'm just not mentally available for it right now. If they prove me wrong somewhere throughout the course of the summer, I'll be back quicker than the French TGV.

Clearly, but I'm not gonna bash him over this forum. Regardless, he still has brought great things to The Cadets.

He is thick headed but has been successful more times than not. The issue is if we look at the last decade, that success rate diminishes substantially. I think after 2016, Hop gets that he can't design shows. Even before 2016, we've dropped in the rankings towards the end of the season indicating design issues SO I have to believe he gets it finally. Agree with Tekk to be cautiously optimistic until we see what comes out of Allentown.
  • Like 2

"Be careful what you wish for" a phrase befitting the time of current. This thread is incredibly boring for December.

I'm starting to regret saying Cadets should shut up until June.

However, Shut up until June.

This thread is probably the most active thread on DCP since finals. Much talk about nothing too important, but I'd like some other threads to be more active.

• Like 1

He is thick headed but has been successful more times than not. The issue is if we look at the last decade, that success rate diminishes substantially. I think after 2016, Hop gets that he can't design shows. Even before 2016, we've dropped in the rankings towards the end of the season indicating design issues SO I have to believe he gets it finally. Agree with Tekk to be cautiously optimistic until we see what comes out of Allentown.

Exactly my point.

This thread is probably the most active thread on DCP since finals. Much talk about nothing too important, but I'd like some other threads to be more active.

Well, I mean more the content.

• Like 1

So with Tommy-boy getting a five-year contract, is it too much to hope that come 2022, we'll hear...

"... under the direction of Tom Aungst," after the Cadets are announced?

• Like 1

I hope to share the same sentiment.

I'm with Tekk here.

All the hype leading up to the 2016 season.

Then in June, we all "awakened" to the fact that it was not a well-designed show, at all. LOL.

Well-performed, no question. Those kids squeezed the maximum mileage out of a lemon of a vehicle. But design? It was "no chance" from the get-go for the corps. (In terms of contending for a title, or "Cadets standards" if you will... let's face it, a lot of corps would love to finish 6th at DCI Finals!!!)

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1