Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Your implication that I am obsessed with scores is a cheap shot, but it is accurate. Yes. I am DEFINITELY going to be looking to see if it scores well. But I am ALSO obsessed at how entertaining the show is. If Cadets' show isn't entertaining, it WILL bother me. Consider the reception they received during finals week. They were minuscule golf claps compared to what the top 5 received. Cadets need to work for the same. 

I'm not dismissing the program. I am simply saying I am not sold yet. Others may be sold on it, and that's perfectly ok with me. 

I'm not sold yet either.  I'm hoping that it will be a great show as last year fell flat for me after I was all excited about the music from their camp videos.  I'll wait until I see it in the theater or at the Allentown show on 6/30/17 to make a determination.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sched88 said:

I'm not sold yet either.  I'm hoping that it will be a great show as last year fell flat for me after I was all excited about the music from their camp videos.  I'll wait until I see it in the theater or at the Allentown show on 6/30/17 to make a determination.

Music last year was great but then when it went to field, the visual and lack of any cohesive flow doomed them. This current show has a more Between Angels n Demons theme going on. I too will check it out in Allentown.

I'm with Tekk on the Unsold Business.  I see the musical reps coming from the rest of the Top 5 and there's some pretty cool NEW stuff in there.  Then we have the Cadets revisiting some of their Greatest Hits From Twenty Five Years Ago, albeit with new things and different spin added.  On top of that, they've tripled-down on Bernstein for the next three summers.

I'm not saying it won't be a great show or won't score well.  I sincerely hope it is and does.  But they're no longer a Benefit of the Doubt corps for me.  

They're a Prove It.

I truly hope they do.  (I miss throwing babies at them....)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Your implication that I am obsessed with scores is a cheap shot, but it is accurate. Yes. I am DEFINITELY going to be looking to see if it scores well. But I am ALSO obsessed at how entertaining the show is. If Cadets' show isn't entertaining, it WILL bother me. Consider the reception they received during finals week. They were minuscule golf claps compared to what the top 5 received. Cadets need to work for the same. 

I'm not dismissing the program. I am simply saying I am not sold yet. Others may be sold on it, and that's perfectly ok with me. 

Cool I was really just asking. I totally figured you meant entertaining and "well received" 

i don't personally know anyone sold on a show when it is a third on the field and the members can barely find their spots lol

i think so far it "seems a lot better"

but I totally agree let's see it on the field in front of a crowd 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sched88 said:

I think we all agree. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I'm with Tekk on the Unsold Business.  I see the musical reps coming from the rest of the Top 5 and there's some pretty cool NEW stuff in there.  Then we have the Cadets revisiting some of their Greatest Hits From Twenty Five Years Ago, albeit with new things and different spin added.  On top of that, they've tripled-down on Bernstein for the next three summers.

I'm not saying it won't be a great show or won't score well.  I sincerely hope it is and does.  But they're no longer a Benefit of the Doubt corps for me.  

They're a Prove It.

At least the Cadets are rehashing things from many years ago. Much of the Bluecoats rep have felt same-y recently. It's hard to judge a show on rep alone. Alas, we must wait until the 22nd (?)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

They're a Prove It.

i know it's an anniversary year for BD, but they shouldn't be given the Sid Crosby bye. If you listen to their Pavilion clip, there is a tremendous amount of re-voicing of past musical scores layered within the supposedly "new." Their opening loooooooooooooong drum sequence some poster noted was borrowed from 1976;

If Bloo is criticized for just being formulaic with different songs, Cavies replaying several numbers they and others have played, and BD is recycling from their legacy, then Cadets shouldn't be whipped because they found a composer who has brought them much success and hope to find that success again for a new generation.

• Like 7

I still wish the Cadets the VERY BEST of luck. I am sure things will change and I am looking forward to throwing Martians at them! 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I still wish the Cadets the VERY BEST of luck. I am sure things will change and I am looking forward to throwing Martians at them! 

Do you mean The Cavaliers?