Cadets 2017

Just now, Brass34 said:

It's a made up theory that Cadet haters cling to so they can sleep better at night

Surprisingly it's a made up theory that more Cadet lovers cling to than Cadet haters do... lately.  More and more, it seems that the biggest haters are actually the biggest lovers... drowning in frustration.  Truly... I don't know any Cadet haters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

Surprisingly it's a made up theory that more Cadet lovers cling to than Cadet haters do... lately.  More and more, it seems that the biggest haters are actually the biggest lovers... drowning in frustration.  Truly... I don't know any Cadet haters.

Yes.  That's harsh.  I'll blame it on youth.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes.  That's harsh.  I'll blame it on youth.  

Little ########.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Well let's see... Gino was st Cadets with his techs for 17 years. Colin was there 9 years. Jeff Sacktig was there for 20+ years as was Greg Legola. April was there for 15+ years. Many techs were there 5+ years. Not sure where the revolving door hypothesis comes into play. 

Yeah that staff did win three Championships throughout those years. 

The RED BULL SHOW is OUT...being moved...to Clifton, NJ..here is an excerpt of my email...

Greetings YEA! Ticket Patron,

We write today to inform you of a change in venue for the tickets you purchased to the August 2 drum corps event originally scheduled for Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ.

Inaction on the part of officials at Red Bull Arena has prompted a decision to relocate the August 2 Drum Corps: An American Tradition-Metro event to Clifton Stadium in Clifton, N.J. 

The decision follows months of planning and communication with officials at the Red Bull Arena as well as assurances on the availability of the facility in Harrison, N.J. 

The good news is the event still will feature eight top drum corps at the height of the performance season at the venerable Clifton Stadium in Clifton.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I don't disagree that Cadets have produced allot of talented administrators and staff over the years. My point was referenced to retention. The 2017 Cadet staff is made up of those who said yes to GH after so many resigned and left after 2016. I hope to see improvements in areas that have been problematic. However there were allot of staff candidates who said no for a reason. 

Wow that's so not what happened in either of those two examples. You're like a doctor trying to diagnose a patient you've never examined or even met

People leave organizations for a variety of reasons. Sometimes yes because of personal dynamics's or ego "didn't get their own way"... but many people also leave for fresh opportunities, more money, personal reasons such as needing a change or wanting to move to a completely different geography, to work with someone else for new experiences etc. 

I realize you are a BD Honk. Have you asked yourself the legitimate question: if we suddenly cut BD revenue stream by 50% (so it more closely matched Cadets) what would BD's staff retention look like the past two decades? 

Becase sometimes it is about money, especially when the kids start arriving. And yes, sometimes it is about an individual relationship that's run its course

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The RED BULL SHOW is OUT...being moved...to Clifton, NJ..here is an excerpt of my email...

Sucks. Often the case as these professional stadiums will strong folks along hoping for a bigger paycheck to appear 

Just now, George Dixon said:

Sucks. Often the case as these professional stadiums will strong folks along hoping for a bigger paycheck to appear 

it's not a big deal...I've attended a show before at Clifton...I seem to recall it was a year when it down-poured like crazy....then was foggy and then were finally able to start the show...haha

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

it's not a big deal...I've attended a show before at Clifton...I seem to recall it was a year when it down-poured like crazy....then was foggy and then were finally able to start the show...haha

Last year downpour is putting it mildly.

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

Both Leon May and Keith Potter are Cadets MMs alumni.  Your guard program is basically CC2

True. But it depends upon when we start the history reset button here too. Colin McNutt, for example, was a" Boston Crusader" long before he was a " Cadet ".  Cadets have had literally a few hundred " Cadets " over the years that were " Boston Crusaders " before they were " Cadets ". Which is perfectly fine too. Just wanted to point out that staffers and marchers did not just fall out of the sky with no prior experiences in other Corps before they arrived at the Cadets. George Hopkins himself is a Crossmen MM alum.. not a Cadets alum. Boston has taken in lots of staffers and marchers from other Corps too over the years. All Corps do. Every single one of them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1