Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

please put some bourbon in my coke

Way ahead of you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

will you be visiting Ada as well as Granville.  The two aren't that far away.

I am seriously considering it. I will look at their ensemble schedule tomorrow. Ada is about two hours away, but I've done crazier things for drum corps.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Try their Caskmates

best of both worlds 

You beat me to it! I literally recommended caskmates to someone in the liquor store two days ago!

Hat's off The Cadets.   I attended this evening's rehearsal and really enjoyed watching drum corps for the first time since last season ended.    I truly appreciate the open rehearsal and the opportunity to see the corps perform.  They sounded great!   Best wishes for a great year!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Hat's off The Cadets.   I attended this evening's rehearsal and really enjoyed watching drum corps for the first time since last season ended.    I truly appreciate the open rehearsal and the opportunity to see the corps perform.  They sounded great!   Best wishes for a great year!

Were the vocalists in yet or are they still settling in?

12 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Yes, some homers have become cynical over the years. But, I personally know people that despise the Cadets, and they have never been a part of the organization in any fashion. A few of them happen to be instructors on the west coast. (Some still hold a grudge from the 2007 quarterfinals incident)

Am I the only one in the dark about the 2007 quarterfinals incident? What happened?

42 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Am I the only one in the dark about the 2007 quarterfinals incident? What happened?

Hoppy finally spoke openly about it just a few weeks ago.

Seriously, many corps have 3 semis? Like how many, which ones? It’s madness, all this crying poor and then another semi to carry ‘accessories’.  Just kills any want to donate funds to pay for gas for prop semis. It feels like wasteful mismanagement, excesses and an attack on smaller corps not to mention a burden of show sponsors.

Whats the price tag to rent an extra semi for the season, including gas,  driver an insurance?

• Like 2