Cadets 2017

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah! Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth are amazing! Oh you didn't mean their voices ... my bad. 

THEIR voices are amazing. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, grh_20 said:

Going on my own little rant here, but IMO, the Cadet's show is bad this year. It's not that it looks bad and it could use some improving, it's that the show is just crappy. I mean come on this is drum corps not a broadway musical. That's part of the same reason why I have problems with Crowns show this year is because it's not drum corps anymore. Drum corps is all about being loud and having a great hornline and percussion not a full on choir. It's just getting out of hand IMO. I love Crossmen's show this year because it has some really nice tunes and fits the field perfectly and doesn't have any crazy, overdone electronics or singing in it. It's really catchy and I don't necessarily want to go back to older drum corps days but I would like it if it were at least still "drum corps".

posted from the DrumScorps app

Two weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. I think my problem was I was judging the 2017 Cadets against the 2000 Cadets (I had been watching that show like crazy - still am). Then I went to Stanford and realized that's what I was doing. I'm not a huge fan of modern drum corps, but the Cadets have one of my favorite shows this year. It's just beautiful - the guard work and the colors, and the music (I guess). I think they are going to far very well come finals. Better than last year, IMO.

• Like 6

Cadets badly need a contest. Can't believe they've only had three contests with judging and one was the premiere/first read and one was the partial panel Monday night and Cadets were late to the gate from what was posted on FB

they have a contest tomorrow night and Tuesday night - hope Mother Nature cooperates! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fifer said:

What is a "cap ceremony"?

Annual event hosted by the alumni association where current members are presented caps (baseball hat I think). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

Annual event hosted by the alumni association where current members are presented caps (baseball hat I think). 

And I think they have a meal with the alumni and perform the show?

Just now, George Dixon said:

And I think they have a meal with the alumni and perform the show?

That's my understanding, yes. And I believe it's at the location or city where the corps originated from.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

That's my understanding, yes. And I believe it's at the location or city where the corps originated from.

Excellent tradition!

• Like 1