Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I really want to like this show, but I just can't get into it. :unsure: Some random moments that stick out in an otherwise mediocre show for me. Definitely a rebuilding year, but they are going to need to step up show design big time if there going to make it back into the top 5 anytime soon. 

SCV going on right after them just illustrated what a stark difference there is between Cadets and the top tier. 

I like most of the show but it is just so not Cadets. Rebuilding they are. :guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie:

1 minute ago, jonwoody said:

I like most of the show but it is just so not Cadets. Rebuilding they are. :guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie:

Guard is much improved. The drill is remarkably unmemorable though. I don't get why each segment starts with a cymbal crash. Very high school. 

The Cadets have tomorrow to clean.  I am perplexed with the some of the scores (i.e. percussion).  Percussion has always been one of the strengths of the corps.  

All is not gloom. Cadets tie for 1 with SCV on Sal Adamo's sheet for content. Tie for 2 in visual proficiency. Nguyen continues to not like CG book.

All in all, not too bad for the first unveiling of changed ending. Keep cleaning.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

Well.... trying to think of a way to put what I just watched.. Better, cleaner, closer didn't grab me. Majestic yes. But I have a bad feeling that there is cheese waiting around the corner for finals.:doh:

To be perfectly honest, I didn't care for that tarp that was pulled out and jackets were thrown on it.  That just looked kind of weird to me,   I think they wear the skirts too long.  Heck, I'd just have them in the last costume the whole show.  It's pretty.  That was my favorite one. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, xandandl said:

All is not gloom. Cadets tie for 1 with SCV on Sal Adamo's sheet for content. Tie for 2 in visual proficiency. Nguyen continues to not like CG book.

All in all, not too bad for the first unveiling of changed ending. Keep cleaning.

I'm not quite sure I get that sub caption tie. There's nothing visually that Cadets have content wise that's on par with Vanguard. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

The Cadets have tomorrow to clean.  I am perplexed with the some of the scores (i.e. percussion).  Percussion has always been one of the strengths of the corps.  

The only score that perplexed me tonight is how the heck Cavaliers were so close to SCV

as far as Cadets they are flat out dirty and they really need to take a lot of things out of the show to allow one to focus, narration can go, robes for brass can go, some of the electronics can go 

less is more especially when the more is pretty dirty 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I'm not quite sure I get that sub caption tie. There's nothing visually that Cadets have content wise that's on par with Vanguard. 

I must be the only one utterly bored by SCV, other than impressed by their percussion and guard. It has zero heart 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol, but on a serious note, I think what would get ME personally excited is if Cadets presented a powerful show where it was more than just happiness, religion, presidents, Americana. Something like an updated When the Kings go off to War, but a more modern version that has more fighting and death and a powerful hornline and aggressive drumline and guard. 

That's the show that made the Cadets my favorite corps before I started going to competitions to see them live.  I saw it on PBS and thought, "wow!  what a cool show and drill!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

as far as Cadets they are flat out dirty and they really need to take a lot of things out of the show to allow one to focus, narration can go, robes for brass can go, some of the electronics can go 

In other words, let them be a drum corps again.  

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1