Cadets 2017

what i saw and heard last night, though far from perfect, was the first time this season that i felt that the kids gave the audience the opportunity to love this show..scoring aside, the crowd response during and after the closer was what i've been waiting for all season..keep working cadets..it's starting to gel.

• Like 3

Scores aside, watching the crowd response and the kids reaction afterwards was what really mattered. The crowd ate up the new ending, and the kids were beaming after performing their best run so far. Moral is at a new high, I hope they can keep pushing. Also, keep the feedback away!!!

• Like 6

Ok Cadets. You got me last night. I am all in. You taught me last night to never count out the ten time champs. The new ending is a beast and I can't wait to see the show again tonight. 

• Like 7

Although the end of the show is not a classic "Run and Gun", between the panels flipping, the switch to the big flags, and the formation of the crosses dissolving into the company front, there is enough happening that it now feels like a drum corps ending should. And the addition of the "Amen chord" gives the crowd a chance to know that this is the climactic ending, whereas before, the music stopped and the crowd wasn't sure if the show was over. 

The technical problems in Nashville overshadowed all this - that panel not turning over was such a shame - but last night it all showed really well. 

• Like 1

Seems like there is maybe too much time in the show where the brass is not playing...could this be placing a ceiling on their scoring potential in that caption?

2 minutes ago, brichtimp said:

Seems like there is maybe too much time in the show where the brass is not playing...could this be placing a ceiling on their scoring potential in that caption?

your point is valid; but when compared to the lines above them the disparity is not that much. Some of it comes from how  the vocal ensemble is considered and scored. This is an aspect that must be discussed for clarity at the next rules congress. Music analysis, brass sheet, GE sheets, percussion (especially for those who do drum speak, sound effects and simulations.)

As the source music is both choral and instrumental and the Cadets have tried to stay Faithful, I'm not sure the tacit horn line is really Fallen.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, brichtimp said:

It was an adjustment because the judges couldn't manage to listen to simultaneous musical voices (Percussion, brass, choir), so some brass was cut to allow choir to shine. Amazing all the #### other groups do is fine but a choir layered over some brass passages was too confusing for judges.

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

It was an adjustment because the judges couldn't manage to listen to simultaneous musical voices (Percussion, brass, choir), so some brass was cut to allow choir to shine. Amazing all the #### other groups do is fine but a choir layered over some brass passages was too confusing for judges.

I like the choir fine, But I am not in favor of having it 'compete' with the brass for aural attention...I feel the same about Crown's excellent singer vs their glorious brass in the second half of their show.