Cadets 2017

i always wondered if those expensive under armor shirts my kid wanted for under his uniform were better than the cheap plain old cotton tees I wore BITD. Sounds like no.

Those Under Armour shirts are not at all expensive, and they are *much* more comfortable than any cotton t-shirt. Neither of those two facts are myths, though the wicking thing may be. Additionally, since they are form-fitting, they don't show under thin material (like corps bibbers/pants). I just switched my marching band to them for those very reasons, and it they look better, are more comfortable, and are no more expensive than other options.

@Tobias: I have no problem with a Blooesque type uni; however, part of the visual problem with the Cadets' GLORIOUS traditional uni was, honestly, it looks terrible during body movement segments. Would a uni that is stenciled like the West Point look produce the same visual effect? Hope not!

@Tobias: I have no problem with a Blooesque type uni; however, part of the visual problem with the Cadets' GLORIOUS traditional uni was, honestly, it looks terrible during body movement segments. Would a uni that is stenciled like the West Point look produce the same visual effect? Hope not!

My point was a lighted weight design would allow more comfortable movement for brass/percussion. I still feel a properly staged effective guard could do more of the visuals
  • Like 2

Those Under Armour shirts are not at all expensive

You shopping at an outlet? LOL

Those things can be a tad pricey at full retail, to say the least. Great product... but not cheap.

Those Under Armour shirts are not at all expensive, and they are *much* more comfortable than any cotton t-shirt. Neither of those two facts are myths, though the wicking thing may be. Additionally, since they are form-fitting, they don't show under thin material (like corps bibbers/pants). I just switched my marching band to them for those very reasons, and it they look better, are more comfortable, and are no more expensive than other options.

What a pretentious thing to say. They may not be expensive to you, but to me, and I'm sure others, they are.

Buying one hundred shirts in bulk is a far different price point than buying one at full retail.

Edited by wallace

Sigh. They are no more expensive than a nice t-shirt. I just bought well over a hundred of them with a customized, screened logo.

I gotta remember to buy them in bulk. :tongue:

I've been using the Champion brand of those moisture-wicking t-shirts.... less expensive than Under Armour at retail (not buying here for an entire band... just for me...LOL) ... but Under Armour overall is a better product. Mr. Plank and his crew here in Baltimore have built themselves a great company.

No matter what... those types of undershirts and leggings are great for all sorts of weather and activities. They are one big reason I can survive outdoor walks during my least-favorite season....winter. LOL.

• Like 1