Cadets 2017

So... back to Cadets 2017

If the copyright to the potential music I'm hearing about for their program next year is worked out (and it sounds likely) folks will be VERY excited

Very.

Cadets 2017 could be the most awaited program of next summer

Should get an annoucement in a week!

(how's that for some HYPE?)

I'm stepping out of my character and greeting any announcements from the Cadets with extreme skepticism.

I'll see what happens with my atttitude in June.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

I'm stepping out of my character and greeting any announcements from the Cadets with extreme skepticism.

I'll see what happens with my atttitude in June.

Ah, attitude platitudes; one of Hopkins' most consistent Hop-talks over the ages...and particularly true. Enjoy your hibernation.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

No idea if this portends to anything at all regarding unis on the field, but at USBands Open champs at MetLife this weekend they had two folks in Cadet unis, and they were the traditional maroon/gold/cream.

if even the podium people and the front ensemble maintained the tradition (a la 2011) I think many of the alums would be won back to the fold. JMHO

Two points, perhaps connected beyond involving lawyers..

a) IMO American folks, tired from the multi-year election campaign, seem tired of media, hype, and histrionic platitudes.

(My opinion based on various sources both professional and personal.)

DCPers may feel that same fatigue and reticence even more based on the press releases of their favorite corps in the campaigns just ended.

b) Cadets need to hype an interest for auditionees to choose Cadets for 2017 but corps can't announce facts until legal requirements are solidified. How will 2017 bridge the tremendous history of Cadets' previous 82 years with the modern drum corps challenge?

Auditionees, alumni, and fans want to know.

Conclusion: Conundrum.

great post & I agree

A balancing act

No idea if this portends to anything at all regarding unis on the field, but at USBands Open champs at MetLife this weekend they had two folks in Cadet unis, and they were the traditional maroon/gold/cream.

with leg stripes?

now a days, they would almost be unique and distinctive.

Edited by xandandl

Some key facts from the vid. announcement recently posted on Cadets website

-2200 individuals have requested information for 2017 auditions (which begin this Friday night in Pennington, NJ)

-only 1 member of the 2916 Cadets did not march in their h.s. marching band; 149 had previous h.s. marching band experience..

-entire '17 faculty will be present for camp weekend this weekend, for instance,14 color guard staffers will be there for camp.

- 10 scholarships for $150 each will be awarded to vets re-enlisting at camp this weekend;

- 10 scholarships for $150 each will be awarded to new recruits auditioning at camp this weekend

- corps brassline will get music and learn 3 pieces this weekend

O Tannebaum (arranged by alumnus and 2017 show brass arranger Dr. Drew Shanefield) which is also the tune of the Cadets' hymn O Holy Name.

A Patriotic Medley (re-arranged by alumnus and 2017 show percussion arranger Tom Aungst) for parade use with heavy emphasis on intricate percussion.

An Earth, Wind & Fire medley for use with others at show encores, etc.

-30 of 2016 DCA winning Cadets 2 have signed up to audition this weekend for Cadets.

GH sounded a bit like Trump on 60 minutes: Don't be afraid (to audition)