Cadets 2017

5 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Thank you George for the images.  Shame we have to come to DCP to get any type of peek of what the Cadets are doing.  What I have heard for the most part seems to be liked.  But I'm afraid all this secrecy is not going to bode well for me when I'm on tour because I like to give the parents and volunteers a little bit more through my daily blog and images than what we're getting coming out of Cadetland.

Fan of the Arts

Those are straight off of Facebook ... I'm sure the other social media sites have more (twitter, snapwhatever).

8 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Thank you George for the images.  Shame we have to come to DCP to get any type of peek of what the Cadets are doing.  What I have heard for the most part seems to be liked.  But I'm afraid all this secrecy is not going to bode well for me when I'm on tour because I like to give the parents and volunteers a little bit more through my daily blog and images than what we're getting coming out of Cadetland.

Fan of the Arts

Less than two weeks to first show and BIG REVEAL..............................................of my new profile photo.:innocent:

Edited by xandandl

It took me a minute to get caught up and not too surprised on the postings and comments; after all it is DCP.  Here's what I think since I have been a part of the Cadets volunteer crew for over ten years now; Pennsylvania requires an extensive background check and I do mean extensive when volunteering for organizations such as the Cadets that have kids of a certain age.  I'm hoping for a great year for the Cadets (34)!!

Fan of the Arts

Who's Facebook page? I'm looking several times a day for anything coming out of Cadetland.  If it ain't coming from George I'm not getting it.

Fan of the Arts

16 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If a questionable figure is on the staff of such a prominent corps (or any corps for that matter), then people should know about it.

Just out of curiosity, other than for purposes of salacious peaks into others' lives, why exactly is it any business of yours or anyone else who is not marching with Cadets?   The only people who really needed to know - the Cadets  - DID know already.      Bringing it up here served no purpose but to satisfy the rubber-neckers of the world.

• Like 3

I have a feeling that some of the loosely parallel ideas between this year's show and last year's show are going to be conveyed much more effectively this time around.

3 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I have a feeling that some of the loosely parallel ideas between this year's show and last year's show are going to be conveyed much more effectively this time around.

Adonis is now going to MASS?  His mother will be so happy Saints be praised.

Edited by xandandl

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Just out of curiosity, other than for purposes of salacious peaks into others' lives, why exactly is it any business of yours or anyone else who is not marching with Cadets?   The only people who really needed to know - the Cadets  - DID know already.      Bringing it up here served no purpose but to satisfy the rubber-neckers of the world.

Did the marching members know?  The parents of marching members?  You ever been the parent of a 17 year old girl?  You all seem upset at Mr. Ream as if he's spreading around rumors. He's not. This gentleman was not accused, he wasn't rumored, he was, according to the article, convicted. Worse, according to the article, he has not owned up to what he did. Worse, we're gonna hide behind the state of PA. They did the background checks and he's cleared them. Well, sometimes something that's legal still isn't right. This guy got himself into trouble around underage girls. And now here he is, teaching young kids again. It just seems like it's playing with fire. It creeps me out. I hesitated a long time before jumping into the fray here. I don't think Jeff Ream is deserving all the venom he's getting. As a parent would I want to know about the background of the person involved here?  Without a doubt. Then, armed with information, I could make my own decisions. I don't know if the members and parents knew. 

• Like 8

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Did the marching members know?  The parents of marching members?  

My son is a marcher.  He is a minor.  I am his parent.  We both knew several months ago.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Did the marching members know?  The parents of marching members?  You ever been the parent of a 17 year old girl?  You all seem upset at Mr. Ream as if he's spreading around rumors. He's not. This gentleman was not accused, he wasn't rumored, he was, according to the article, convicted. Worse, according to the article, he has not owned up to what he did. Worse, we're gonna hide behind the state of PA. They did the background checks and he's cleared them. Well, sometimes something that's legal still isn't right. This guy got himself into trouble around underage girls. And now here he is, teaching young kids again. It just seems like it's playing with fire. It creeps me out. I hesitated a long time before jumping into the fray here. I don't think Jeff Ream is deserving all the venom he's getting. As a parent would I want to know about the background of the person involved here?  Without a doubt. Then, armed with information, I could make my own decisions. I don't know if the members and parents knew. 

I'm pretty sure GH came on here HIMSELF and provided an explanation. Ream could have contacted the organization directly to address his concerns, but instead, he chose to yell fire in a crowded theater because of his feelings about Cadets. And if you're naive enough to believe that he has no negative feelings about Cadets, go back one or two pages and read some of the posts. I would be just as concerned as a parent of a child in that organization because I believe people who have been found to guilty of that type of crime should never be around children again. But It's safe to say that we know what Ream's true motives were. 

And in case you didn't see GH's response: 

HOP RESPONSE

• Like 2