Cadets 2017

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

I've always wanted to play tuba but I was 1. too short to carry that, 2. wasn't strong enough, and 3. couldn't generate enough air for that instrument. 

What the hell are you talking about?  You're built like a brick ####-house.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyt said:

That's what I was thinking. 

1 minute ago, chaddyt said:

Back then I was a skinny @ss kid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I've always wanted to play tuba but I was 1. too short to carry that, 2. wasn't strong enough, and 3. couldn't generate enough air for that instrument. 

It's more a physical thing than an ability thing for sure - size really helps and just flat out lung capacity 

That's why so many corps have tubas that barely play or barely make a sound. 

Tenor/Bass drums also. This year's Cadets battery are various heights but extremely fit bunch of members - very confident. You have to have the physical make up to handle it

I'm also particularly impressed by the pit as "performers" - yes they can play the notes, but notes and music are not the same thing as we all know. They are performing music. Quite impressive for early in the season with a very complex book

Sometimes music never takes on "life" or really "dances" as it were, that ability to breath life into it has always been so impressive to me

Edited by George Dixon

44 minutes ago, YEAguy said:

and as for my friend in the Lancers I am sorry I did not speak more . With the rewrites and my office work I was not at my best 

come on back and I will treat you to a peanut butter sandwich :-) 

Hop

Oh no worries! I found the encounter both amusing and quirky. I am easily amused and I am all about the quirk.

And I will be back probably sometime next week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Oh no worries! I found the encounter both amusing and quirky. I am easily amused and I am all about the quirk.

And I will be back probably sometime next week.

wow - a dinner offer! woo hoo!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Something seemed to have slipped thru the cracks here..... or GH knew, but decided it did not rise to the level of not accepting this guy into their staffing ranks. Maybe Jeff Ream should have contacted the Corps privately on this bowever.

So it could be ignored?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YEAguy said:

Jeff

How are you ? I am passing this along to our attorney . Do know that I am aware of Scotts past and the related accusations you mentioned

i am comfortable with the explanations I have received and Scott has been nothing short of spectacular in his time here 

If you would like to pursue the matter further please contact me and I will forward you to our attorney or Scott's for comment

and as for my friend in the Lancers I am sorry I did not speak more . With the rewrites and my office work I was not at my best 

come on back and I will treat you to a peanut butter sandwich :-) 

Hop 

That's cool. As long as everything is legal. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So it could be ignored?

No. Thats not at all what I said, nor suggested. I said ( my words)  " maybe you (  Jeff Ream) should have contacted the Corps privately on this matter".   

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1