Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Et Tu, George?  You want deleted the posts you don't agree with?  Look - I have kids, several of them.  And on more occasions than i want to remember, something like this appeared in an organization they were involved in.  I'm hyper sensitive to it.  It's bad stuff.  So should we censor discussion and pretend it doesn't exist?  My church tried that to its great failure and never ending shame.  And it keeps happening and the initial reaction is the cover up (ex:  Penn State).  I pray we never read about any further issue with this subject that's been discussed over the last several pages here. I don't want that stain associated with the drum corps activity I love.  You see, with me it has NOTHING to do with the Cadets.  If this were any other corps I'd be here posting the same post.  But go ahead and delete everything because the reputation matters more than the reality.   We are dealing in fact here.  Something that actually happened.  Not some heresay or rumor.  Ugh.  I want to move on here. 

Ridiculous.  Boy Jeff accomplished what he wanted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

LOL. Yeah that blue pill. People that do not want to deal with reality.

Bizarre is commonplace, LOL we are all bizarre in other peoples mind. In my line of work I see bizarre. There is bizarre and scary bizarre. Hehe if you are bizarre don't put that peanut butter on your hamburger, Bizarre yet intriguing. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe time to read some Marcus Aurelius. getting philosophical here:laughing: Now I want a cheeseburger.

Edited by oldcadetsop

For those wondering what the corps is up to as Hopkins mentions late nights at the Field House and the schedule starts initializing sections as DP.  It means De Profundis, the meditation/introspection that Bernstein creates based on the Responsorial Psalm between the Scripture Readings at Mass, here being based on Psalm 129/130. It's fraught with emotion which the MMs will try to communicate with movement rather than drill according to some rumored posts. Photos have been seen with a type of pantomiming interpretation to match the music. Here's the source material that Bernstein built upon and then progressed.

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.

If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.

It's certainly meat for creativity, interpretation, and challenges. Out of the depths I cry...  I'm most curious what they do here.

Interesting... I wonder if we'll be seeing some fancy floor decorations on the field from the Cadets this year?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, xandandl said:

As long as Oprah doesn't return.

ROFL.......that was really bad, don't know what was going on with the tweaks to the end of the show in 2014!?

Hopefully the taste level will be much better this year.  The benches look promising.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I'd like to interview Hop about the design decisions in the last 2 weeks of 2014

Meaning?

8 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

Meaning?

Meaning it was probably a ridiculous design choice. So. Much. Cheese. 

On another note, I am a bit ambivalent about these "costumes" as I don't want The Cadets to look cheap and I want them to look World Class. I can't wait to see these things..