Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, wallace said:

Exactly! They could have used Peter in the windows symbolizing the theme.

Do they have a member named Peter? Do you think he would want to stand in a window the entire sh.....oh...never mind!   :innocent:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

For someone who's an atheist, what lesson would I learn from the stained glass? Serious question, not sarcasm at all. 

Use your own understanding of what you see to learn whatever it is you take away from it.  As long as I don't tell you what to see and learn you will take away whatever it is you see.  The beauty of spirituality is you don't have to believe to see what others see.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

For someone who's an atheist, what lesson would I learn from the stained glass? Serious question, not sarcasm at all. 

Very deep thinking brah. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Do they have a member named Peter? Do you think he would want to stand in a window the entire sh.....oh...never mind!   :innocent:

I agree. Peter does not belong in that window. Only Pane belongs in that window.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I was with you. The video I recently saw is a far cry from the initial videos I saw. They are good. Very good.

Please pass that video on to me by PM .  Thank you in advance.

Fan of the Arts

38 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's not necessarily lessons. Most times, it's history. My church had the early fathers like Origen, Clement, Polycarp, and of course, the Apostles themselves. In the case of the Stations of the Cross, it would tell the Passion according to one of the Gospels which was usually Luke or John. As far as lessons are concerned, I'll try to explain without getting into a theological debate. In context with faith, fallen, and forgiven, Peter's story would probably match the theme best. When Peter fails at walking on the water, Jesus teaches him about the importance of faith (...a bit of foreshadowing there, too.) Faith can help one accomplish great things. Even atheists accept some things by faith. The denial is Peter's fall from grace. We all lose faith and betray in one sense or another. Jesus forgives Peter for each denial. Forgiveness is the key to inner peace and spiritual growth.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wallace said:

It's not necessarily lessons. Most times, it's history. My church had the early fathers like Origen, Clement, Polycarp, and of course, the Apostles themselves. In the case of the Stations of the Cross, it would tell the Passion according to one of the Gospels which was usually Luke or John. As far as lessons are concerned, I'll try to explain without getting into a theological debate. In context with faith, fallen, and forgiven, Peter's story would probably match the theme best. When Peter fails at walking on the water, Jesus teaches him about the importance of faith (...a bit of foreshadowing there, too.) Faith can help one accomplish great things. Even atheists accept some things by faith. The denial is Peter's fall from grace. We all lose faith and betray in one sense or another. Jesus forgives Peter for each denial. Forgiveness is the key to inner peace and spiritual growth.

Even in drum corps if you keep an open mind and remain teachable you will learn.  Thank you for your theological response without pushing buttons.

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts

Just now, Eleran said:

And you just got into one!

It wasn't intended that way, and I hope most see it as such.

36 minutes ago, wallace said:

Yes. I like that explanation. Makes me appreciate why people are religious. 

• Like 1