Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

Because safe is death.

(Also: no kids want to play Bernstein when Bluecoats are out there playing ZAPPA.)

I love the Bluecoats. But I find the idea of Bluecoats setting the standard for interesting (rather than just exciting) music choices pretty suspicious, honestly.

Personally my mouth is salivating at the idea of Cadets doing "On the Waterfront."

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I love the Bluecoats. But I find the idea of Bluecoats setting the standard for interesting (rather than just exciting) music choices pretty suspicious, honestly.

Personally my mouth is salivating at the idea of Cadets doing "On the Waterfront."

The two sides can thrive together, but to say Bluecoats isn't setting the standard for interesting music is dubious at best. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

Because safe is death.

(Also: no kids want to play Bernstein when Bluecoats are out there playing ZAPPA.)

Oh, that's not true.

We need BOTH as an activity. It's just that Bernstein needs to be done in a way that connects to the "kids".

• Like 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

This^^^. Coming from the old lady who has a Zappatite. 

I'd like to hear a couple other Zappa songs myself, but then that corps couldn't list the titles in the program.  Zappa music is all pretty good, even though many of the topics are decidedly adult.

• Like 2

Just now, jjeffeory said:

I'd like to hear a couple other Zappa songs myself, but then that corps couldn't list the titles in the program.  Zappa music is all pretty good, even though many of the topics are decidedly adult.

I may have said this before but I played Zappa in Norwood in 1972. Peaches en Regalia.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The two sides can thrive together, but to say Bluecoats isn't setting the standard for interesting music is dubious at best. 

I love the Coats this year - however "interesting music" isn't why. It's the staging, design and super high performance levels

The music is really standard drum corps fare - played many many times over the years in most cases. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Do the "windows" move or get used/interacted with more now?

I don't think any of us know. I do know they are two sided so eventually they will be flipped over to the other side

They've also hinted that the guard will be going behind them to bring out some fabric etc during the finale - sounds like some large sail flags or something similar