Cadets 2017

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I think they can and will overtake Cavaliers. But one thing at a time!

Unfortunately, I think it's also quite possible there will be no position changes. I'm not impressed by judging. Slotting seems to be a powerful force. Having said that, I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Unfortunately, I think it's also quite possible there will be no position changes. I'm not impressed by judging. Slotting seems to be a powerful force. Having said that, I hope I'm wrong. 

Talking across the board on last night's recaps and not limiting myself to one specific judge, most found the judges did leave an impression............................you know what I mean.

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I don't disagree and that's why Monday night is extremely important 

they must "reslot" themselves and to do that you have to beat the judges over the head to make it obvious 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

ok, now I admit to being confused. Why for the past decade have GH, Sully, Fatty, and sometimes Jeff Sacktig complained about the thin little maroon stripe on the cream pants of the West Point style uni (pants which the current Vocal ensemble group wear for their National Anthem outings) as a detriment to drill scores for bringing undue notice to the leg movement? But now we have a much larger, sparkly wider stripe on white cream and it's considered Godsent? {And Sacktig's new team also has pant stripes.] 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Other posters have been displaying the current season in "tiers."   Seems as those different levels are showing consistency now, and will firm-up as we get closer . . . regardless of anyone's audience-perceived performance level. Placement moves will probably be limited one spot in either direction. I don't see any corps going on a tear upward.

Edited by Fred Windish

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

Other posters have been displaying the current season in "tiers."   Seems as those different levels are showing consistency now, and will firm-up as we get closer . . . regardless of anyone's audience-perceived performance level. Placement moves will probably be limited one spot in either direction. I don't see any corps going on tear upward.

Sad. Boring too. And- an insult to the MMs who work so hard, to basically take away from them the possibility that they could catch fire and jump several places. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I think they can and will overtake Cavaliers. But one thing at a time!

Hmm. Maybe but Boston is still ahead score wise. In fact Phantom is closer scoring to Cadets then Cadets to Cavies. Just saying.

11 minutes ago, afd said:

Hmm. Maybe but Boston is still ahead score wise. In fact Phantom is closer scoring to Cadets then Cadets to Cavies. Just saying.

Right now. I don't think that will be the case by Saturday 

48 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Judges are human, which means they are susceptible to prejudices like all of us.  But they are also not immune to being pleasantly surprised.  Think back to what you learned in your freshman psychology class.  Show a person something that was better than they expected, and the human reaction is actually more positive than if they evaluated it objectively from the start.  The reverse is also true: disappoint them and watch out!

• Like 2