The Cavaliers 2017

31 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Yes the original purchased uniforms were military style in blue. I believe the blue was for uniformity and ease of purchase.

Was surprised to see the water jugs. Cavies have been using the disposable cups in the past in order to prevent the sharing of water. chances of illness would be less likely to spread amongst the corps. Wonder what brought on the change of philosophy?

9 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Was surprised to see the water jugs. Cavies have been using the disposable cups in the past in order to prevent the sharing of water. chances of illness would be less likely to spread amongst the corps. Wonder what brought on the change of philosophy?

each member has their own jug - so no sharing

I do prefer disposable cups - much safer on tour

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

each member has their own jug - so no sharing

I do prefer disposable cups - much safer on tour

Maybe a pretour thing? Going back to cups after?

Might be pretour,  they had a bad case of the icks at a real bad time in the tour in 2015 if I remember right.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Might be pretour,  they had a bad case of the icks at a real bad time in the tour in 2015 if I remember right.

the reusable plastic cups SCV is using this year for meals (to reduce carbon footprint!) worries the heck out of me

want to "reduce footprint" - don't have a national touring drum corps

want to have a national touring drum corps? use disposables 

even with "washing stations" the risk isn't worth it (in my professional experience)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

They have both. The large jugs and the personal ones. The personal ones are used for quick waters while the large are for the longer breaks.