The Cavaliers 2017

not a negative I'm just curious???? 

Have an old classmate who marched to age out for Cavs. from 86-89 and we still try to figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Same here. I am hearing soooo many wonderful things about this show

YOU are a true fan.

• Like 1

Just now, E3D said:

I will be there but as usual I will be wondering WHY the F .... all these Texas people latch onto the Cavilers! I have been dumbfounded by it. WHY not the SkyRiders from yesteryear or Crossmen......??? Cavilers the green gear hu???      

Well, I have noticed a lot of the high schoolers are gettinf into the Bluecoats. Dang kids.... hahahaha! For me, I watched a bunch of random clips from a bunch of corps and The Cavaliers just stuck out. I promise to be thr loudest cavies fan there

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Well, I have noticed a lot of the high schoolers are gettinf into the Bluecoats. Dang kids.... hahahaha! For me, I watched a bunch of random clips from a bunch of corps and The Cavaliers just stuck out. I promise to be thr loudest cavies fan there

Cavies were one of the early corps to hold auditions in Texas well back into the late '90's and have  sponsored a show in Denton for as long. They are harvesting the fruits of their efforts.

Cadets have generally had a lot of Texas representation going back to DM Rich Armstrong in the legacy years; he marched Baritone for several seasons before that. Since then a sizeable draw each season including the drum major for the past three years. Regiment also sees Texans alot.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Cavies were one of the early corps to hold auditions in Texas well back into the late '90's and have had sponsored a show in Denton for as long. They are harvesting the fruits of their efforts.

See, I have always had a love/hate relationship with that. Obviously, I lile that they recruit here, but because of that show in Denton I have never heard an encore performance from The Cavaliers in Houston. One of these darn days I am going to hear "Somewhere" live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Some fans are mildly supportive, or jovially supportive; others are, I guess, aggressively supportive. This might distort perceptions of how things are going to go (or are going) on an online forum.

You would have had a different take on Cavies’ fan if you were here around 2006. You’d also have a different take on how they were perceived in general. Attitudes change as corps rise and fall but I do agree, some corps cultures are represented somewhat by the posters on here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have noticed the same. Personally, I enjoy everyone. Shoot, I can't imagine why someone would destroy and corps. 

I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I am all for competitive entertainment, but never at the expense of diminishing the effort that EVERY group puts on the field.

Have I enjoyed watching the Cavaliers re-establish a certain level of competitiveness? Sure!

Been a fan of the Cavies since I was a kid saw -my first show in 95 and have followed their progress every season since. But I honestly believe it to be a dis-service to the activity to get so consumed by the scores that that you lose sight of the hard work on display in front of you.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

You would have had a different take on Cavies’ fan if you were here around 2006. You’d also have a different take on how they were perceived in general. Attitudes change as corps rise and fall but I do agree, some corps cultures are represented somewhat by the posters on here

I hope Cavies and Vanguard fans can stay positive, cheerful, and somewhat lite. I don't quite get the need to bicker back and forth over differences in what are clearly just plain old opinions.

Will The Cavaliers end up with a medal or 4th or 5th or 6th? I've no clue. I just enjoy the content and quality of their show this year. And hope for the best. But elsewhere a few posters argue way too absolutely on these details.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CavHjt said:

But I honestly believe it to be a dis-service to the activity to get so consumed by the scores that that you lose sight of the hard work on display in front of you.....

As I get older I find myself worrying less about the scores and just try to sit back and enjoy the amazing talent on the field. Even though I try it's still always on the back of my mind though lol, its the competitor in me. I just try to remember the mantra "it's only drum corps" "it's only drum corps" "it's only drum corps".

i do see that at the end of the season when all is said and done and the scores have been awarded,that when I sit back and watch the blu rays is the time when I truely start to enjoy the season. It's the time when I really decide my favorites. 

• Like 1