Time for top 14 on sat night

No, there needs to be a cutoff and 12 works perfect. Yes, there's some great corps that are going to be cut off, but at any number that's going to happen. Plus there'd be no room on the field at full retreat for any more corps. The math works pretty well for that aspect of the night.

Friday used to be 17. It is now 25. This is after the all-in on Thursday. 12 is just right for Saturday. Anything more takes away some of the prestige of being a finalist corps.

Now we just need to get Thursday up to 51.

No, there needs to be a cutoff and 12 works perfect. Yes, there's some great corps that are going to be cut off, but at any number that's going to happen. Plus there'd be no room on the field at full retreat for any more corps. The math works pretty well for that aspect of the night.

This was the exact point I made on another similar thread.

• Like 1

Plus there'd be no room on the field at full retreat for any more corps. The math works pretty well for that aspect of the night.

DCA squeezes in 14 corps, but 4 of them are Class A corps, with an upper limit of 65 members each, so they double up in each endzone.

• Like 1

12 is a superior highly composite number.

In other words it's magic.

Don't screw with the magic.

/end discussion

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I'm actually with you on this one. I'm a huge fan of the dozenal (base 12) numerical system in general.

• Like 1

No way madison and troopers should be sittin out saturday night this yr.There is plenty of time in schedule saturday to have couple more shows.Thrse corps are way better nowadays than in past. BdB played mon,tues in there show and thurs friday and sat exibition.5 shows. Madison get two.troopers two. Cmon .DCI should 7corps intermission then top 7.Sat nite is the fastest show of 12 corps you ever see. It flies by compared to thurs and friday.Break tradition its time.

I hear you. but if we go to 14, the fans, alums of the 15th, 16th place Corps will then be naturally be expected to chime it that it should be " 16"... and then we are off to the races on adding more. Besides, how are we to get " 14 " on the field at Finals retreat, now that the Corps are all larger in size, and we can barely fit 12 on the field at retreat as it is at present ? Stay at 12. Its worked well since like forever anyway, imo. That said, I do share your sentiment that both the Madison Scouts and the Troopers were very talented Corps this season. Its not that long ago that such talent on display would have been a lock for Finals. But the competition gets stronger every season, particularly with the Corps in the 8th-14th range. So while I certainly understand the motivation behind such a proposal, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you that DCI should now go to 14 as a result.

Edited by BRASSO