2017 Programs & Playlist:

27 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

I don't want to watch a show from the 15s, nor roll the dice and take my chances with scalping. You're a braver man than I if you're willing to go that route.

19 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I've bought tickets as late as the day of finals from DCI, and scalping, and have never sat outside the 30's at finals.

If you're willing to buy a single, the box office is full of surprises.

I'm guessing music and/or plot references to "BAZ". This is a musical based on the films of a famous director.

Basically:

Romeo & Juliet meet Gatsby & Daisy meet Christian & Satine.

Edited by denverjohn
Clarify
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Why do you need to know what is playing before deciding to go to the movies? The trailers and reviews hold no bearing on whether a movie is actually good or not, so why process any of that information before selecting your show? Just make plans to go to the movies, then dartboard it and choose your movie at random.

Chances are, you only go to movies that sound interesting to you. They might be great, they might be garbage, but something has to pique your interest to get your butt in the seat.

Show announcements are like movie trailers to me. For me, it is the difference between JUST attending a local show or two and the cinema event... and dropping several hundred more dollars to see the final product in person.

Nice analogy.

21 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Why do you need to know what is playing before deciding to go to the movies? The trailers and reviews hold no bearing on whether a movie is actually good or not, so why process any of that information before selecting your show? Just make plans to go to the movies, then dartboard it and choose your movie at random.

Chances are, you only go to movies that sound interesting to you. They might be great, they might be garbage, but something has to pique your interest to get your butt in the seat.

Show announcements are like movie trailers to me. For me, it is the difference between JUST attending a local show or two and the cinema event... and dropping several hundred more dollars to see the final product in person.

So using your logic, this: https://bluedevils.org/programs/a/2015/repertoire.php

Gives you as much information as this:

I completely disagree.

• Like 1

This thread is being s terrible tease again....

39 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This thread is being s terrible tease again....

And every time someone posts I have to READ it...for announcements...lol

31 minutes ago, Liahona said:

And every time someone posts I have to READ it...for announcements...lol

"We want Mingusmonk, we want Mingusmonk!"  (Sorry Liahona, you lost control of the hen house.)

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

"We want Mingusmonk, we want Mingusmonk!"  (Sorry Liahona, you lost control of the hen house.)

I'm not sure if this post dignifies a response...