Ramps, Safety, OSHA

I find it interesting that Hockey "Dad" the emphasis on Dad started this thread. At an early show in July, I sat in front of a mother and father who had s child in Bluecoats, and when the ramps came out and their child, either a snare or color guard member, was at the top, there was an audible gasp from them. It was a great show, one of my favorites, but Bluecoats should be very grateful no one was hurt. Crown should be grateful too in regards to the stagecoach but also the trampolines in 2014.

You're right. When I was hockeykid I never thought about stuff like that. Nothing hurt and I was going to live forever... I would like to add my voice to you who are saying I'm glad no one got hurt, and I hope that continues. I also agree with that, unfortunately, it might take someone getting hurt before rules get tightened up concerning safety. Until then everything is awesome, right????

You're right. When I was hockeykid I never thought about stuff like that. Nothing hurt and I was going to live forever... I would like to add my voice to you who are saying I'm glad no one got hurt, and I hope that continues. I also agree with that, unfortunately, it might take someone getting hurt before rules get tightened up concerning safety. Until then everything is awesome, right????

Both Bloo and Crown were phenomenal in keeping their show themes and approach under wraps.

I'm wondering if there are behind-the-scenes moments and practice session stories we have yet to hear.

Or have oaths and pledges been taken in order to receive those gold and silver medals?

Remember we saw only the well-polished results.

P.S. Kudos too to Bloo for the simplest, fastest and easiest "sound check" process all season. Other corps should imitate the process.

PPS. Is this the first DCI season ever where T&P/Tony DiCarlo issued no penalties????

Edited by xandandl

to quote whomever "its all fun and games until someone gets hurt"

. Until then everything is awesome, right????

Yes, and everything is cool when your part of a team!

• Like 1

death and injuries are GE

That's certainly true for Phantom in many years and we loved death with Academy.

Actually it was Genesis who had "that show" this year.

i think most corps are extremely conscious of their members' health and well-being. watch how disciplined the Bluecoats members were about how to climb, where to stand, and how to slide. ditto with how crown members handled themselves around the stagecoach. imho most of the concerns in this thread smack of helicoptering.

i think most corps are extremely conscious of their members' health and well-being. watch how disciplined the Bluecoats members were about how to climb, where to stand, and how to slide. ditto with how crown members handled themselves around the stagecoach. imho most of the concerns in this thread smack of helicoptering.

Ahh the dismissiveness of youth.

Ahh the dismissiveness of youth.

How do you know he is YOUTH, whatever thats supposed to mean. BUT to his point and Mike D also has expressed often. Corps today are much more conscious of their members in almost every way compared to the past. In fairness to the past. we also have much more knowledge, restrictions, etc etc. then we may have back then.

Edited by GUARDLING