Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

6 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I am fortunate to see a lot of shows every year.  The Massillon Hall of Fame show ALWAYS ranks #1 with me!  For the folks that cry for the days when finals were NOT held in a dome....this is THE show you need to attend.  5 days before finals, most of the top 6 corps, a fan base that LOVES drum corps (they love their Blue, but support all) and it's OUTSIDE!!!

Buy your tickets now.  This show WILL sell out.  Tickets sales are ahead of last year!!!

Right before finals with that steel canopy over head... it's like a music funnel for your soul...

whoa... that was deep...

13 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Confession: I can't stop listening to "Prelude" and "Grow Till Tall"

I have been hearing "Prelude" a lot lately, too.

• Like 1

added these to my spotify playlist, and students who are busy working on their final projects keep asking which bands they are. 

i guess that's a good thing?

seems impossible for this not to end up a favorite show for me musically. if the music continues to be badash, then maybe this dinosaur will get onboard with the megaprops and field sectoring en sech

• Like 3

Just now, Lance said:

added these to my spotify playlist, and students who are busy working on their final projects keep asking which bands they are. 

i guess that's a good thing?

seems impossible for this not to end up a favorite show for me musically. if the music continues to be badash, then maybe this dinosaur will get onboard with the megaprops and field sectoring en sech

I think that's it right there.  Perhaps so much of the disdain of the past is due to the sacrifice of "fun" that was taking place whilst everyone was 'innovating'.

The Bluecoats seem to put "fun" at the top of the innovation priority list.

I'm good with that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Been waiting for Zappa to be put on the field ever since I discovered both "drum corps" and "Zappa." That moment in BD 86 was cool, but can't wait to see horns tackle this.

I always liked your screen name!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Cadets? :whistle:

Oh right! Somehow I forgot about that. No this was a smallish Ohio high school (Lexington) doing a Divine Comedy show; they went "nude" for the Purgatory movement, if I recall correctly.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

The brass played "Grow 'til Tall" for the guard and drum line after ensemble tonight. It was glorious.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

I think that's it right there.  Perhaps so much of the disdain of the past is due to the sacrifice of "fun" that was taking place whilst everyone was 'innovating'.

The Bluecoats seem to put "fun" at the top of the innovation priority list.

I'm good with that.

They're one of the few corps who never disappoint when it comes to music choice!

• Like 1