Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There was a short unexpected gap in the programming schedule at my conference this evening, timed perfectly to let me see Bloo's performance (most of which I missed yesterday). When did they change the ending drill from one follow-the-leader to two parallel ones? That seems like a nice variation. But what I also felt is that (1) the show takes a little to get going; (2) the ballad is musically boring (even if there weren't a few little flubs from the soloist); and (3) the drill during the big percussion break, which they changed somewhere before San Antonio I think, just isn't interesting enough. Some of this they can still fix; the rest they need to perform the snot out of. Here's hoping.

The percussion break feels really long to me, especially live.

Bloo is underscored. Not sure why but my eyes and ears are not failing me at forty something. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It is definitely an old school throwback. In the olden days (like when I marched) all drum features were long like this. I find it refreshing.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It is definitely an old school throwback. In the olden days (like when I marched) all drum features were long like this. I find it refreshing.

Probably so, I felt the same way about Cadets' break as well. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

They are soooo much more exposed, with high level of demand, throughout the show than other lines are in theirs.

I was shocked at the percussion scores last night. 4th behind Crown? No way.

• Like 3

Bluecoats will spend the next two days, Aug 1-2, rehearsing at Newark High School (OHIO).  Wednesday night will be an "open rehearsal" during the evening full ensemble block.  A run of "Jagged Line" about 9:30.  Last year's open rehearsal attract a mere 2,000 spectators :1_grinning:

Details here:https://tinyurl.com/ycvex56r

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Its the drum feature in the Rock Concert. sheesh

• Like 3