Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Wait.  What?   They're NOT doing Hamilton?

Well, dang.

• Like 1

Well, I'm listening to the Ighner right now. This is going to be a fantastic ballad however they perform it. There are many gorgeous versions out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Championship.

4 hours ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Boring. But it'll win. 

BD always is in the running for first, but these posts, right after music is announced, make me chuckle. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Well, I'm listening to the Ighner right now. This is going to be a fantastic ballad however they perform it. There are many gorgeous versions out there.

I was just about to post the same thing.  Oh my God it's perfect for them.   

1 hour ago, mboogey73 said:

Don't think I've ever laughed harder in a theater than when they broke into "Uncle F#%$*r."

Same here. And "the sung by kids around the world" section of "Kyle's Mom Is A #####."  I recall literally falling out of my seat on that one. LOL

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

I love that 2 of the pics are of the 84 corps (from the finals vid)....first time I've ever seen that from the org.

And for those claiming there's no Goodwin in the show....wrong.

His kid is still on synth in the pit!  :)

Yes and besides Academy is playing a Goodwin piece.  From what I heard about the mallet parts is they are insane.  I already heard the brass and it is WOW

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Ok.......this is not what I expected.   But holy crap this sounds awesome.  Love love love The Triumph of Time, amazing brass band piece.   This seems......less complex thematically than anythhing they've done recently which I think is awesome.  It feels different, more conceptually.   Can't wait!   This sounds like my kind of show.  

Yea I'm loving Triumph of Time.  Crystal has the potential to be my new Blue Devil favorite.  My previous favorite BD show was 1985 ( the music is incredible; love the harmonic complexity).  This show has the potential to be my new favorite show from them! 

Ok, another good show here.