Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

18 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

And that there BD is how you do an ending. I know that this year's show leads us to looking out the window at what comes next, but there is currently not near this level of emotional value, show "wrap-up", or level of visual/narrative resolution. 

I wonder if they won't work on that.  

;)

Tonight seems to have been when they put in changes the last few years.   

Edited by DrumManTx

I just rewatched Silence of the Lambs with some friends, and I'd somehow forgotten about Buffalo Bill's moths, and the emphasis on metamorphosis. I love Hannibal Lecter's creepy little speech about it—it has given me ideas. Now when someone on DCP gets sassy about BD's show design, I'll go,

[hannibal voice] The significance of the moth is change. Caterpillar into chrysalis or pupa—from thence into beauty. Our Blue Devils want to change, too.

And then I'll eat them. :bluedevil:

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I just rewatched Silence of the Lambs with some friends, and I'd somehow forgotten about Buffalo Bill's moths, and the emphasis on metamorphosis. I love Hannibal Lecter's creepy little speech about it—it has given me ideas. Now when someone on DCP gets sassy about BD's show design, I'll go,

And then I'll eat them. :bluedevil:

Lol. So creepy, but so dam good too. I laughed hard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Don't forget the ketchup.

I hear they pair well with fava beans. And you need a good chianti with it, of course.

(Random side-note: once upon a time AFI ranked the 100 greatest movie lines in a special, with people talking about the import of each line in context of the movie and pop culture. First talking-head after playing the clip was Wolfgang Puck, extolling the virtues of liver with fava beans and chianti. It was pretty lolsy.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I wonder if they won't work on that.  

;)

Tonight seems to have been when they put in changes the last few years.   

Their closed rehearsal at Ralph Wilson Stadium is on Tuesday. Whatever secretive portions of the ending will probably be installed then.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

No time to relax BD. Keep your foot on their throat and keep applying pressure. Leave no doubt!! DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

That was pretty vivid imagery...Im scared now....lol, its a great time to be a 'Devs fan!

• Like 1

I have only one thing to add to this thread, having seen the almost-final version of this show last Friday.

• Like 3