"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Just saw the ratings for last night and the "same day" viewing dipped again. Down to just 30 thousand viewers. The repeat at 1:30 AM had 20 thousand.

Caveat: There was a debate and a post-season baseball game on last night.

Ok, just got through Episode 2 (yeah I'm behind). I marched several years of drum corps and I'm not oblivious to what happens during the summer... however.

The scene half way through with the sound of the beds squeaking - as the parent of a 14 year old, 13 year old and 10 year old, does nothing to want to make me send my kids on tour with a corps. Apologies if this has already been talked about, but my kids won't be rolling with the Cadets if this is what Hop is allowing over there.

(Waiting to get pounced on).

No pouncing here. I couldn't tell what was happening, I guess I'm naive. I read about it here, went back and watched and I was very uncomfortable with it.

Ok, just got through Episode 2 (yeah I'm behind). I marched several years of drum corps and I'm not oblivious to what happens during the summer... however.

The scene half way through with the sound of the beds squeaking - as the parent of a 14 year old, 13 year old and 10 year old, does nothing to want to make me send my kids on tour with a corps. Apologies if this has already been talked about, but my kids won't be rolling with the Cadets if this is what Hop is allowing over there.

(Waiting to get pounced on).

This is not sending the right message I agree to parents thinking about sending their kids to drum corps...I'm not surprised though they put it on the show...no matter how you look at it...there should be some discussion UPFRONT with the members about the types of behavior that should and shouldn't be allowed while on tour/spring training...

I'm wondering about other policies...recreational drug use and underage drinking as well...not just talking about just The Cadets either...

This is not sending the right message I agree to parents thinking about sending their kids to drum corps...I'm not surprised though they put it on the show...no matter how you look at it...there should be some discussion UPFRONT with the members about the types of behavior that should and shouldn't be allowed while on tour/spring training...

I'm wondering about other policies...recreational drug use and underage drinking as well...not just talking about just The Cadets either...

My feeling was more of I know it happens but I don't need to know about it and I don't think anyone else needs to know either. Edited by Terri Schehr

I saw one of Bluecoats ramps roll past in episode 4.

Yep.

I was really disappointed they didn't use the correct audio to the Cadets opener. They DID start with Pines of Rome in the first show, correct?

Glad to see quick glimpses of other Corps (busses, trucks, props, and on the field), but I realize this show is focused on BD and Cadets.

I had no idea about the BD prop issue at Mile High. I guess it was discussed on the BD thread, but I rarely venture to the Dark Side. JK.

• Like 1

Just saw the ratings for last night and the "same day" viewing dipped again. Down to just 30 thousand viewers. The repeat at 1:30 AM had 20 thousand.

Caveat: There was a debate and a post-season baseball game on last night.

And pretty soon it'll just be down to the dozen or so folks on this thread. (I'm hoping it does better.)

Do we get a prize from Fuse for sticking with it? Something from The Rock would be nice.

• Like 1

After four episodes, the show isn't doing much for me. It's mostly a reality show issue, I think, not necessarily the Clash idea or production. After following a few reality shows when they first appeared, I don't watch them much now.

The exaggerated tension is a bummer. Like an HGTV show when they discover an electrical problem that might ruin all the design plans and force the home owners to go bankrupt... But after commercial a contractor fixes if for another $500.

I sort of get that from the Cadet's foot problem, for example. Not at all belittling an injury or real pain he might suffer. It's just that, well, what was the deal? For a few minutes, his season might be all over. Then it's apparently not so bad and he goes on.

On the other hand, the Cadet 3rd trumpet, and the two BD snares, are fun to follow.

And as a BTW, in a shot of the (kind of half-empty!) seats during Cadets' opening Indy show I could pick out yours truly. I was applauding but not standing. Was probably perplexed by the show concept.

• Like 1

Yep.

I was really disappointed they didn't use the correct audio to the Cadets opener. They DID start with Pines of Rome in the first show, correct?

Glad to see quick glimpses of other Corps (busses, trucks, props, and on the field), but I realize this show is focused on BD and Cadets.

I had no idea about the BD prop issue at Mile High. I guess it was discussed on the BD thread, but I rarely venture to the Dark Side. JK.

i know! It's weird canned music.

Yes, they did play Pines of Rome right from the get-go. The first half of the show didn't change much throughout the season. The second half changed dramatically. Especially closer.