Underrated Shows?

22 minutes ago, shmeg212 said:

For me, an underrated show would have to be BAC 2014. I loved that show but rarely hear anything about it.

Most would prefer to forget it.

3 hours ago, shmeg212 said:

For me, an underrated show would have to be BAC 2014. I loved that show but rarely hear anything about it.

I agree...underrated for sure...perhaps a little too complex in terms of simultaneous demand that could not be cleaned enough in time...unlike the Cadets who in my estimation know how to clean the snot out of a show...Boston fell short in that regard...

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Most would prefer to forget it.

As far as your comment about forgetting...it really depends who you ask...it seemed to be a pretty popular show among younger audiences...obviously was not your cup of tea..."most" is an unfair generalist characterization IMO that doesn't really have much credence to back it up...

16 hours ago, Liahona said:

I agree...underrated for sure...perhaps a little too complex in terms of simultaneous demand that could not be cleaned enough in time...unlike the Cadets who in my estimation know how to clean the snot out of a show...Boston fell short in that regard... 

Their score dropped from semis to finals, so it was going to be tough to find another .7 on finals to pass the Blue Stars.

Edited by Ghost

- Lance or someone else brought up Blue Knights 1999 which I agree is outrageously fantastic to listen to (also love that color palette).  The original Trittico show in 1994 was also pretty, very similar but just another nice treatment of it.  

- I'm a sucker for the 1998 Glassmen...I know that music is hit over the head way too much by every high school but they just played and marched the crap out of it.  And those drums are SO tasty.

- Carolina Crowns 2001 Industry show is very nice.  They had a FANTASTIC Rennick line that year, placed around top 6 for most of the season in percussion.  Lots of really cool percussion writing using lots and lots of wood.  Guard was great too, and one of the better hidden gem ballads is their Cider House Rules selection.  Very pretty.  

Edited by DrumManTx

Is the 1992 Crossmen show considered to be underrated?  That was one of my favorites BITD!