Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

Boston Crusaders publicized the staff changes, but I'm not sure I'd say they created the hysteria. Talk was rampant all last season that it would be the last season for some of the staff members of one of the corps, talk at Allentown and Indy as to where the staff members would go, and there's been word of all kinds of behind the scenes drama and infighting at this corps. I think Boston got caught up in the hysteria that was already started, and if these folks went to another corps, chances are that corps would be the center of attention.

I don't think TES said that BAC caused hysteria. He said they created 'buzz' in announcing the staff additions, which is normal. 'Hysteria' is owned by some DCP posters, again as normal. :tounge2:

• Like 2

Indeed. Corporate raiding comes to drum corps.

And in the end, despite everyone's reliable and trusted sources, it's all still a rumor and will remain so. I doubt you'll hear any official statements from anyone.

Is it corporate raiding when a staffer makes it public they are not staying with an organization after a season and that they will be available? Whether or not they approach a specific organization or generally make it known to a number of organizations (through networking) about future plans. In my corporate world, "raiding" would be to specifically target an individual or individuals while they are in the midst of their employment with no thought about making a change; and making an overature or proposal or even an outright offer of employment. And I agree with you about this remaining a "rumor" until and unless the 2 organizations leadership confirms publically the truth to the rumor (not likely to ever happen anyway). OR someone in those organization can independently confirm the rumor. Possible but a longshot. Might happen over a number of beers. LOL

I don't think TES said that BAC caused hysteria. He said they created 'buzz' in announcing the staff additions, which is normal. 'Hysteria' is owned by some DCP posters, again as normal. :tounge2:

Exactly.

The difference between last year and this year though is the massive staff changes at BAC, and the conspiracy theories about how it happened, boycotting shows, and other nonsense that people sit behind screen names to fill DCP with.

Maybe it's time for those DCP members who occasionally mention how they contacted DCI about different issues get in touch with Dan A. about this issue.

Maybe it's time for those DCP members who occasionally mention how they contacted DCI about different issues get in touch with Dan A. about this issue.

Again? I already did.

False.

Your opinions and speculation are simply that.

There is zero truth or fact to your post.

Feel free though to share your sources, as I've been informed that there is no basis or truth to support your claim.

Feel free to consult DCI on the matter, as I am basing my post on information from board member and employee of DCI who each told me there is no truth to your rumor.

Direct knowledge from whom? Or according to whom?

If the information is coming from those involved with BAC as board members, staff, performers, then once again it is NOT DIRECT KNOWLEDGE and is in face HEARSAY.

According to those at DCI, the "truth" and "facts" that SSF has put out there are not true. Nor have people in the Cadets and Crown organizations made even the slightest reference to boycotting any shows.

So where is the direct knowledge coming from? As I stated above, if it is only being tossed around by those involved with BAC without direct interaction with the other corps, it is NOT A FACT.

I don't care if members of the BAC board, or supporters from decades ago are the ones saying it, if there is no justification or proof, then it is still a rumor.

Direct conversation with a member of DCI's BOD, as well as a member of the DCI office staff that is part of the tour planning/coordination.

You're right, my bad. Talking with those that make the schedule and are in contact with corps regarding their hopes and thoughts regarding shows the would like to participate in, or not shouldn't mean anything.

We should all just take the word of someone involved with a particular corps that is publicly calling out other corps and making accusations that, again, has zero direct knowledge or dialogue with those corps, because that's the right way to go.

With all due respect, those things that are being posted as truth and facts, are not those to all involved, so please do not tell me what I can and cannot challege.

If I had permission I would gladly share the emails/texts from the DCI employee and DCI board member that I spoke with, but out of respect for them, and as you pointed out would "not server ANY purpose..." I will not post them.

Oh, and to quote you again but from my knowledge and correspondance on the subject, "you can take THAT to the bank. I stand by this statement."

Again? I already did.

Where was the rumor spreading?

I hadn't seen anything on here, and seems unlikely.

It would seem pretty shallow to me if an organization sat out a show due to staff changes, and I believe both The Cadets and Crown are both above that type of thinking.

The facts are that the Cadets and Crown refused to perform at Boston's show. Call it what you want. It is what it is.

SuperSaderFan is on the BAC Board Of Directors, and has been intimatety involved with the drum corps since 1978. His information is beyond reproach. He doesn't need to rely on rumor or innuendo for the very simple reason that he is one of the most senior members of the organization, and is typically in the room (or at least on the conference call) when major issues are discussed.

Furthermore, I am not aware of ANYONE in the Boston organization predicting a medal this year. Or next. No matter how many times corpsband tries to push that narrative it is without merit.

Cadets and Crown will be just fine. So will Boston.

Unfortunately it is the truth, Crown and The Cadets refused to perform at Boston's show. I know it first hand.

Haven't done many multi-quotes, so the sequence might be off. Any hoo, there might be a chance your alleged contacts at DCI are not as high up the chain of command one needs to go or those who know, may have said mums the word to their associates. It's only a matter of time before the story behind the story is known.

And in the end, despite everyone's reliable and trusted sources, it's all still a rumor and will remain so. I doubt you'll hear any official statements from anyone.

"raiding" has happened in drum corps for eons.

social media has publicized "raiding" in ways never seen before.

Dan says hi

• Like 1

I never understood the charge of "corporate raiding" in free countries. Now, in another country, I can imagine corporate hoodlums crashing in the doors during biz hours, kidnapping a CXO (Chief [X] Officer), and then forcing that worker to work for the hoodlums. THAT would be a corporate raid.

But in America, all I see are people choosing a better path for themselves, based on their own needs and desires, be it money, working conditions or convenience. Since when has morality been assigned to a job offer?

I never understood the charge of "corporate raiding" in free countries. Now, in another country, I can imagine corporate hoodlums crashing in the doors during biz hours, kidnapping a CXO (Chief [X] Officer), and then forcing that worker to work for the hoodlums. THAT would be a corporate raid.

But in America, all I see are people choosing a better path for themselves, based on their own needs and desires, be it money, working conditions or convenience. Since when has morality been assigned to a job offer?

Silly. Capitalism is "bad". Has been for the last eight years.