Genesis 2017

27 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Seems like a great mix of music we obviously know and some really interesting stuff they're mixing it with.  

Cant wait to see it, they have had some really fresh programming.  

I agree.

As most of us know, C2 played BSN this past season in DCA, Crossmen and L.I. Kingsmen previously in DCI. It's lyrical, gentle, and lends itself to flowing drill. I think this rep will be very popular with the World Class audience.

• Like 2

Eclectic mix of reps. Should be interesting seeing how they blend. Genesis in the past has done a good job pulling together coherence from varied sources so I think we're in for a treat 

• Like 1

All I know is those Tama marching drums sound fantastic! 

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It won't happen this year or next, but in a few years I can definitely envision Genesis knocking down the door for a World Class Division Finalist placement achievement for themselves. The MB talent rich state of Texas has never had a start up Corps from the state ever make the Top 12 ( Yes, Crossmen have done so, but they were a former multi years top 12 DCI corps from Pa. that relocated to Texas ) Its great news to see that the state of Texas finally has developed a Corps from scratch that now has attained World Class Division competition status. All those local DCI shows, regional shows in the state of Texas the last 10-15 years was to enable this very thing to happen. ( a World Class Division start up competing Corps ). Good for Genesis. Good for the state of Texas. and good for DCI and the Drum Corps activity in general. Congratulations to all !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Fun clip of Genesis performing as backup for the rap artist Desiigner at the MTV Woodies last night in SXSW.  The song is horrible IMHO, but looks like they had a good time performing on MTV!

Edited by WaxDCIFan
Fixed link

On 2/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Genesis 2017: "The Other Side of Now"

I'm curious what Corpsband is thinking about this show.  Corpsband, any comments on the show theme and musical selections?

Personally, I think the show concept is cool, and there's certainly rock & pop music in there.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2