Phantom Regiment 2017

1 minute ago, trenta536 said:

You're welcome y'all ;) ... the video is missing the first 30 seconds of the show

Oh my goodness that opening impact made me smile ear to ear. That's a first from watching these for a few years.

Holy hornline!!! Might as well call it "Satan's Hornline" instead of "God's Hornline" to match the show theme! Great percussion, too!

The Jarre is BLAZING fast! Wow!

The ballad is arranged a little bit oddly, but that doesn't take away from how emotional it is.

Sadly, the Khachaturian wasn't arranged the way I was hoping it would be, but the return of the Finlandia theme in major made it all better!

Four words for all of you: PHANTOM REGIMENT IS BACK. Without even having to see the visual product, this is easily the best musical product from them since 2010. Needless to say, I'm blown away!

• Like 9

Just finished watching it with my son and we said the same thing at the same time.........GOOD LORD!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP Phantom!!!!!!! I've been waiting YEARS for this!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Love Rach 2 as a ballad, but I'm not sure it fits this show. What's the middle section of the ballad? Doesn't sound like Rach 2.

Love the Khachaturian. And I'm missing the Finlandia reprise someone mentioned. I'll wait to get a better recording.

Surprised by some of the movements that were chosen (was expecting something different from the Shostakovich and the Rachmaninoff). I'm definitely sensing aggression. Definitely not sensing the "eeriness" that I was expecting from Phantasm. 

Wow.. that wasn't exactly what I expected but in a good way. 

I want a better recording, but you don't need a better quality recording to tell that this is possibly the most aggressive book from Phantom since Faust or Spartacus. 

The closing moments of the show sounded quintessential Phantom, thank you Will Pitts!

As someone else mentioned, the show sounds a lot more solid than it has in a while during Music in the Park. And as we all know, the show will change quite a bit from now to August.

I'm excited!! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of his arranging at Phantom either. I also wasn't a fan of the percussion arranger that came after the Rennicks left for SCV and before Kuhn/Ferguson came along. Both arrangers have very strong resumes outside of DCI - Hill arranges for the Pride of Broken Arrow, the aforementioned percussion arranger (anyone remember his name?) arranges for Music City Mystique - but for some reason their arrangements didn't grab me when they worked together at PR from 2012-2013.

Shane Gwaltney?

33 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow.. that wasn't exactly what I expected but in a good way. 

I want a better recording, but you don't need a better quality recording to tell that this is possibly the most aggressive book from Phantom since Faust or Spartacus. 

The closing moments of the show sounded quintessential Phantom, thank you Will Pitts!

As someone else mentioned, the show sounds a lot more solid than it has in a while during Music in the Park. And as we all know, the show will change quite a bit from now to August.

I'm excited!! 

Happybara?  

• Like 1