Phantom Regiment 2017

When the kids and parents decide paying this amount of money for a sub par show / education isn't worth the money, they will go elsewhere.  We don't need to rehash past discussions about leadership, that point was proven long ago.

Alumni, parents and the kids should demand more. Just my opinion!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

When the kids and parents decide paying this amount of money for a sub par show / education isn't worth the money, they will go elsewhere.  We don't need to rehash past discussions about leadership, that point was proven long ago.

Are you paying for a placement or an experience/life lessons that you will carry on? People in 13th 17th 20th 31st wasted their money because they didn't place better? I'll take a drum corps experience, regardless of placement, any day of the week. Regardless of placement, they are better people because of the experience. Don't have to like a show to respect the life lessons learned from being a part of the activity. 

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 4

Not all feel that way about the money they spend.  It's not an accident that SCV is doing much better with the addition of PR staff seeing PR didn't want them anymore.

The cream of the crop go to top corps and still Phantom up to this point...that won't be the case with continued low placements.

Edited by Phantombari1

2 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

It's not an accident that SCV is doing much better with the addition of PR staff seeing PR didn't want them anymore.

Please don't spread FUD. If you have hard evidence of that then please feel free to share it but making blanket statements like that without supporting it with any facts is dangerous. I'm not assuming you're being malicious, but I'm not sure you have anything to back that assertion up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, flute_alternate_3 said:

Please don't spread FUD. If you have hard evidence of that then please feel free to share it but making blanket statements like that without supporting it with any facts is dangerous. I'm not assuming you're being malicious, but I'm not sure you have anything to back that assertion up.

Well I don't know if PR didn't want that staff, but people don't leave jobs they're happy with unless they will get more responsibility or more money. Whatever the issue, they let top tier staff going, and it's showing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Rockford is a tough market to be in.  The East & West Coasts have a much greater pool to draw from for members and sponsors.  It's not just Rockford either, Chicago and Madison are tough as well, as is anywhere in the Midwest.  My personal opinion is; over the past 10 or so years it's been all about staff and how far they can push the limit to make a name for themselves.  That's great if you're in a professional organization, but DCI is an amateur sport where most members aren't blessed with the resources to support a pro staff.

• Like 1

.1 behind BK. Still having a stronger season than most are predicting

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

.1 behind BK. Still having a stronger season than most are predicting

Its a very cleanable show.  They arent done yet, they came out with a much harder product imo, and the members are still trying to get control over it.  By finals though, I could honestly see them finishing top 7.

• Like 4