Floating on the river in EVANSVILLE!

3 minutes ago, c mor said:

So it was SEAN Valjean?

I said it was a real stretch...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

No!

If you are going to trash Pioneer why don't you get the story right...they said it was rumored that Jean Valjean's mother (Jeanne Mathieu) was of Irish decent...I do believe that is even a real stretch though...

"For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side."

Wow. They built a whole concept off of that?!?!?

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Wow. They built a whole concept off of that?!?!?

To be fair...here was the entire description...

"For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side. The title of our show 24601, was his prisoner number for 19 years.

The well-known musical has been used by several corps and bands, but by using by only a part of it with lots of clever imagination, the corps’ design team plans to make it another audience-pleasing production, Pioneer version."

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

To be fair...here was the entire description...

"For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side. The title of our show 24601, was his prisoner number for 19 years.

The well-known musical has been used by several corps and bands, but by using by only a part of it with lots of clever imagination, the corps’ design team plans to make it another audience-pleasing production, Pioneer version."

Where was the rumor founded?  Was it in the book?  if not, this is quite a convoluted premise.

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Where was the rumor founded?  Was it in the book?  if not, this is quite a convoluted premise.

Oh, I think it is cute...just a way to tie Les Miz to the Pioneer stock-in-trade.

They being the user name. Who knows but it is obvious they did not stop at 4. 9 is the number. 9 white russians. Not slippery nipples. 

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Why are you asking me?  Ask their program coordinator or creative team, if they even have that as it doesn't really say at their website?

22 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Why are you asking me?  Ask their program coordinator or creative team, if they even have that as it doesn't really say at their website?

Just a simple question.  No need to get your panties in a bunch.