Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

They do need to fix the hats.  Either find a way to place them on the sidelines or at least form a tidy pattern. 

• Like 2

I swear, every time I hear that solo I think of Celine Dion.

• Like 1

It isn't a Phantom show unless there's a death.

This year, it's the entire audience after listening to the brass through speakers for 13 minutes.

• Like 7

Phantom has always been a hit or miss corps for me when it comes to their show. Obviously the turnover in staff over the last 5 years hasnt helped. But 3 of the last 4 shows have been forgettable to me. I fear this will fall into that category. Its just underwhelming. 

However, they do a lot more interesting things with drill than they have in recent years. Their visual design does w great job of utilizing the whole field, which is impressive given their minimal props. 

Im excited to see it live later this summer though. Its a pleasant show and sometimes creepy. But in the end it lacks the "wow" of turandot or into the light. 

• Like 1

Come on trumpets!

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

Come on trumpets!

The trumpets and mellos are crashing and burning right now pretty hard.  It's just really, really ragged.  Low Brass is the saving grace at the moment.

• Like 3

Just now, geluf said:

The trumpets and mellos are crashing and burning right now pretty hard.  It's just really, really ragged.  Low Brass is the saving grace at the moment.

Which is nice because, at least in the feed, the balance is so low brass heavy.