SCV Conundum

39 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Still the greatest arrangement of Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 ever put on the field. The Academy has tried (twice!) to claim this title, but to no avail.

92 VK is a classic. Several drumline guys I marched with in Devs 94 marched Veeks in 92. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm still freaking lmao when I watch the end of that VK show.  25 years later. 

Agreed. Feel lucky to have been there 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

they seem very strong in all captions - but does anyone else find the drill extremely "compact"?

It's pretty standard Gaines drill, which a very small amount of people seem to not care for...

They cover all of the field, but they don't need to do it all of the time.

I think it's a personal taste thing.

I feel that SCV has been a little underscored head to head with BD. SCV does more visually, and it is more coordinated, and they do it just as well as BD.

BD is going to be adding more and more, but they're a visual "?" for me, and this is the least talented guard I've seen from BD in a decade.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Yes I do. And running scatter transitions too. 

...well running scatter transitions are something a LOT of corps seem to have...

• Like 2

In terms of the music book only, I'm consistently struck by how unbelievably dirty they still are. I think that tends to get lost in the awe of the demand that this show has tended to generate, but their brass line is dirty as hell right now. My best guess is the fact the BD is so much cleaner right now has held down SCV's GE scores. I realize that doesn't cover the scope of the caption, but it's certainly a part of it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It's pretty standard Gaines drill, which a very small amount of people seem to not care for...

They cover all of the field, but they don't need to do it all of the time.

I think it's a personal taste thing.

I feel that SCV has been a little underscored head to head with BD. SCV does more visually, and it is more coordinated, and they do it just as well as BD.

BD is going to be adding more and more, but they're a visual "?" for me, and this is the least talented guard I've seen from BD in a decade.

If I'm not mistaken, Gaines is not SCV's drill writer. He holds the role of Creative Director. Weber is their drill writer. Unless you mean it's written in the style of Gaines? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leadsop04 said:

Can you please show me where "doing it for someone" is on the sheets?

GE...

• Like 1