SCV Conundum

4 hours ago, Standing O said:

Best SCV show in years, everyone thinks so.  Why are the judges afraid to make that statement.  Seamless transitions compared to other units.  Great color guard.  Awesome designed effects.  Wicked good hornline.  Best drums in DCI!  Total package.

They are fantastic.  I just find the show sterile, but that is a personal taste thing.  It has GE in its on way...

• Like 1

Deleted

Edited by TRacer

4 hours ago, leadsop04 said:

Can you please show me where "doing it for someone" is on the sheets?

I was diagnosed with a detached retina earlier this afternoon and go in for emergency surgery in 12 hours. This will be my third major surgery on my left eye in 6 months,  so at the moment my eyesight is a bit skewed. 

That said, I completely missed the words "where", "it", "for" and "is" in the post above when I first read it.

Carry on...

• Like 2

It does sound as if SCV has a great show this year, which is not saying anything new since that's the case just about every year. I think many are hoping they medal this year since it's an anniversary year, and I'd put myself in that category. That being said, most years we speak of West Coast inflation of scores, which doesn't usually change standings once the west coast competitors meet their east coast and Midwest rivals, but the scores tend to be closer. BD and Bloo have been pretty close as has SCV and Crown, so we haven't heard all that much about west coast inflation this year, but I do think we'll need to see full judging panels and shows that include BD,  Bloo, Crown, SCV, along with Cadets and Cavies to know where things really stand. Personally I'd like to see SCV medal this year, though I think first and second could be a Bloo and BD battle. After seeing Crown twice I think I underestimated them and was wrong to predict an off year, but I think Crown and SCV will battle for 3rd. I still think 5th is most likely where Cadets will land, possibly 6th, but Cadets could also be the "you never know" corps that shocks us, something Cadets can do well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

In my humble uneducated opinion, the spreads should be flipped. SCV should be .7-1 pointing BD. BD's show does NOT do it for me during 90% of their show while SCV DOES it 100% of the time.

The judging system isn't exactly meant to find out "what does it" for the audience. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRacer said:

I was diagnosed with a detached retina earlier this afternoon and go in for emergency surgery in 12 hours. This will be my third major surgery on my left eye in 6 months,  so at the moment my eyesight is a bit skewed. 

That said, I completely missed the words "where", "it", "for" and "is" in the post above when I first read it.

Carry on...

Best wishes for a successful procedure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

they seem very strong in all captions - but does anyone else find the drill extremely "compact"?

Even with an explanation about the drill,,,,,, I agree the drill is extremely compact. 

Edited by E3D

8 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Whata ya mean fake boobs?  U B spreadin some of that fake news???

breaking news on the Fake News Network FNN!