Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

This could all get interesting with Crown hitting 81.9, Cavies 79.85, Cadets 78.45 and Boston a 77 in Orlando, wow!  This will get shaken out in a couple of weeks in San Antonio, but the scoring tonight will make for some interesting talk over the next few days!

I was at the show -

spent this afternoon watching Vanguard's ensemble rehearsal -

tonight, Bloo had some electronics issues - Vanguard did not - 

Vanguard had guard issues - 

Seems like Bloo's electronics could be detracting from their overall package - it's disappointing when it isn't perfect.

from where I was sitting, Bloo drums did not sound as clean as SCV's

SCV is growing on my - all intense - not a lot of sweetness and light - 

Bloo is fun rock out, groove out show - 

If Bloo is messing with the trumpet soloist's/duets - please stop it - let them scream - it sounded kind of weird from where I was sitting- like they were trying to put an effect on the duet at the end of the show  -- 

design your own nightmare as a friend of mine puts it - sometimes trying too much with the electronics causes problem -- 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm not saying I do.  

Take the compliment.

2 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

This could all get interesting with Crown hitting 81.9, Cavies 79.85, Cadets 78.45 and Boston a 77 in Orlando, wow!  This will get shaken out in a couple of weeks in San Antonio, but the scoring tonight will make for some interesting talk over the next few days!

Can't compare scores from different shows.

Just now, Vdad76 said:

And i love the fact that my Blue Devils are in the Northwest out of sight out of mind, pretty much forgotten about. They are the only unbeaten left and they are the underdogs. And honestly i like it this way. 

Just now, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Meanwhile, down in the thicket of the recaps, a solid number for Troopers percussion. Lauren Teel's students are making some noise.

They're great, but front ensemble percussion is just downright awesome.  Fantastic teaching going on there.  

31 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, Bloo's rough run tonight was one reason I said, right after they finished, that SCV ought to win the evening. Which doesn't mean that SCV can't keep beating them. I look forward to some more close competitions.

It's funny, everyone was saying how Bloo was on fire before the scores were announced and now it's a rough run. They didn't have a rough run. Vanguard is just as good as them pure and simple.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

It's funny, everyone was saying how Bloo was on fire before the scores were announced and now it's a rough run. They didn't have a rough run. Vanguard is just as good as them pure and simple.

Again, I said, in this thread, right after Bluecoats finished, that SCV ought to beat them tonight. I also said, in this thread, during Bluecoats' performance, that they needed to figure out how to resolve electronics problems on the fly, i.e., I noted they were having trouble. You can go look up my posts and confirm that I'm telling the truth.

So "everyone" did not say what you think they did.