Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

Blue Stars vs. Crossmen is interesting too. Love both shows even more than I thought I did.

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I would agree that BD's stock just rose tonight

I would say SCV's stock just rose tonight. They put the drum corps community on notice by beating the defending champions. Future judges will look at them through new lenses, IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

I know it's early in the proceedings with the season, but it's been a while since I have seen my favorite corps in this position.

yiL0kqN.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yea, without a head to head, it doesn't work.  BD's best SCV every time out this season, but maybe they wouldn't have tonight?  Who knows?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mboogey73 said:

Don't think I've seen many recaps in any caption where one judge had a group winning by .3 and the other judge had them second by .2. 

Yeah... That's just the way that goes.

If Bloo can't dominate in GE (with their design and teaching program), then they won't win.  The GE category is the strongest place to rack up a win... but it's the riskiest caption to depend on.

Bloo is super solid in every caption... But others specialize in the areas outside of GE more consistently than Bloo does.  So, GE is their bread and butter... And SCV managed to convince someone of an alternative point of view tonight (which totally can happen... and even catch fire).

Bloo is going to be beefing up those technical categories a bit more aggressively in the coming days (esp. brass and visual performance, maybe guard... they are the easiest avenues to balance out for them right now).

• Like 6