South Carolina showdown

2 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

Also, remember that cities are often the least conservative and religious areas in any given state including the deep south. Add to that the generally left leaning DCI audience and younger fans and I can't see it mattering all that much. More people would be put off by it than connecting with it because of a perceived bible belt effect, but both are negligible. 

The real challenge for the show is having a clear story or message and conveying that to the audience to show that it's a complete narrative, and I don't think they're there yet. 

Disagree. You can read the title of the show, "the faithful, the fallen, the forgiven" and watch the show weave in and out of those three parts. If one is really slow, they even change the uniforms for each part! 

One may not like the show, but one can't argue it was constructed extremely well even in its current messy state compared to a super clean powerhouse Crown or Bloo.

Edited by Tobias

According to my predictions 4th - 7th place at finals will be at this show so should be interesting.

My Finals Predictions:

4. Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. BAC

Will be neat to see how they line up tonight and jockey through the rest of the season.

• Like 2

While waiting for the judges to be announced for tonite, go to the Open Class forum and see how 7th Regiment hornline out psychs the rumor of Crown as most powerful hornline. The New Londoners are really whaling.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Don't take the Cavaliers lightly. 

Who is?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Disagree. You can read the title of the show, "the faithful, the fallen, the forgiven" and watch the show weave in and out of those three parts. If one is really slow, they even change the uniforms for each part! 

One may not like the show, but one can't argue it was constructed extremely well even in its current messy state compared to a super clean powerhouse Crown or Bloo.

Oh I like the show and agree with your points, I just think they need to continue improving the way they convey the story of the show so general audiences can more easily connect. I don't think it's fully realized, but still further along than a lot of other shows. 

Of the three, I would say Crown has the best corps, but worst show. Bloo has the best show, but weakest corps. Cadets are solidly between the two in both talent and design, just by watching vids so far. 

Edited by defeldus2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

What the heck is a bible belt? 

The Bible Belt is an informal region in the southeastern and south-central United States in which socially conservative evangelical Protestantism plays a strong role in society and politics, and Christian church attendance across the denominations is generally higher than the nation's average.

See wikipedia for more info

My personal take:

Protestants have basically in fact protested Catholicism...so in all honesty I don't think it would be as well received as a poster has eluded to previously. The show also rubs wrong some non-religious folks as well. Some don't care either way.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3