DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

14 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

I think any change in placement will be due to 1) a change in performance quality by the 2 corps and 2) a change in the judging panel.  (and 2 maybe be more significant than 1)

Agreed

9 minutes ago, emc2 said:

Cool.  what BAC has done this year is outstanding.  The others have design major issues  but because they have placed in in the top  6+ for the past 15 + years  put s BAC bac in 7th place.  This is what has been going on for the the past 20 Years

Pretty sure if BAC finishes 7th, that will be the biggest jump inside the top 12 from one year to the next in multiple decades... What BAC is accomplishing this year is highly impressive.  I think Cadets went 5 to 1 and Madison went 14 to 8 in the 2000s, but obviously Madison started outside the top 12.

You don't magically get first place because you hired some new staff.  BAC will have their chance to tweak their show and move up.  But everyone else will be trying to do the same.

24 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I haven't gotten a single good look at the show yet.

Problem.

Edited by emc2

46 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Wow! I just checked out the Cadets snapchat as they are at the show site, and it is pouring! Hope the field has a great drainage system.

Thankfully after the renovations a few years ago, the field is MUCH better. It'll be fine.

22 minutes ago, emc2 said:

Cool.  what BAC has done this year is outstanding.  The others have design major issues  but because they have placed in in the top  6+ for the past 15 + years  put s BAC bac in 7th place.  This is what has been going on for the the past 20 Years

So BAC isn't winning because they haven't placed in the top 6 for the past 15+ years. Now I understand. Shame on DCI.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Pretty sure if BAC finishes 7th, that will be the biggest jump inside the top 12 from one year to the next in multiple decades... What BAC is accomplishing this year is highly impressive.  I think Cadets went 5 to 1 and Madison went 14 to 8 in the 2000s, but obviously Madison started outside the top 12.

You don't magically get first place because you hired some new staff.  BAC will have their chance to tweak their show and move up.  But everyone else will be trying to do the same.

Cavaliers went 9 to 5 last year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

So BAC isn't winning because they haven't placed in the top 6 for the past 15+ years. Now I understand. Shame on DCI.

Or they don't have enough content 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavaliers went 9 to 5 last year. 

Well yeah but ninth had a lot to do with puke-gate 

Just now, George Dixon said:

Or they don't have enough content 

I have a problem with my computer talk to you later.  what I said in (flow marching/ Lynn) Can not say anything. Maybe 7/20.

Just now, emc2 said:

I have a problem with my computer talk to you later.  what I said in (flow marching/ Lynn) Can not say anything. Maybe 7/20.

Cool.