Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

39 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I have no " need " to do anything regarding my comments here on DCP. Nobody appointed you a moderator on here. For pespective, nobody... but nobody... has been more critical on here regarding the 2017 Cadets than YOU.... thats right.... YOU.  Certainly not me. Not even close,. my young friend. So stop with the lame and whiny attempt to lecture me or others on here. Its hypocrisy, and it only makes you look silly and ridiculous in the process.Other than that, have a nice day following Drum Corps, my friend.

:laughing:

The irony

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I have no " need " to do anything regarding my comments here on DCP. Nobody appointed you a moderator on here. For pespective, nobody... but nobody... has been more critical on here regarding the 2017 Cadets than YOU.... thats right.... YOU.  Certainly not me. Not even close,. my young friend. So stop with the lame and whiny attempt to lecture me or others on here. Its hypocrisy, and it only makes you look silly and ridiculous in the process.Other than that, have a nice day following Drum Corps, my friend.

Oh the irony. Just last week, you quoted me and tried to moderate my response to someone else's post. Now you come on here and sanctimoniously call ME a hypocrite for what you think is the same as what YOU did? You sit behind your computer, chiding and antagonizing what you call "Cadets fans" and you lump us all into one ball implying we have no respect for  others' opinions, when clearly it is YOU who lack respect, tact  and maturity. Do not tell me about lecturing when that is your primary modus operandi. My criticism of Cadets, although extremely palpable, has absolutely nothing to do with your arrogance and immaturity with the way you seem to feel about those who support the Cadets. Stick to one topic, get your facts straight and act your age instead of your shoe size. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

and antagonizing what you call "Cadets fans" and you lump us all into one ball implying we have no respect for  others' opinions, . 

Never said, nor implied, anything of the sort. I do NOT " lump all Cadets fans into one ball" in the least. One read of their comments on here and its quite obvious to all that they are like ALL fans/ alums of ALL Corps... a diverse group with various opinions, perspectives, insights, experiences. So no, I will not accept that Cadets fans have no respect for others opinions,, and its a silly and scurrilous thing to accuse me of even thinking such, let alone that I share  such a ridiculous assessment of Cadets fan/ alums.  Dozen of Cadets alums & fans are my friends and have been so since before you even marched in Drum Corps, and in some cases before you were even born. That said, enjoy your day, and the discussion of Drum Corps here on DCP moving forward. And a suggestion..... relax.. its only Drum Corps. Its a hobby. A recreation. Its not life and death, my young friend.

Edited by BRASSO

Unless 

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Never said, nor implied, anything of the sort. I do not " lump all Cadets fans into one ball" in the least. One read of their comments on here and its quite obvious to all that they are like ALL fans/ alums of ALL Corps... a diverse group with various opinions, perspectives, insights, experiences. So no, I will not accept that Cadets fans have no respect for others opinions,, and its a silly and scurrilous thing to accuse me of even thinking such, let alone that I share such a ridiculous assessment of Cadets fan/ alums.  Dozens and dozens of Cadets alums & fans are my friends and have been so since before you even marched in Drum Corps, and in some cases before you were even born. That said, enjoy your day, and the discussion of Drum Corps here on DCP moving forward. And a suggestion..... relax.. its only Drum Corps. Its a hobby. A recreation. Its not life and death.

Unless you're a wicked witch...GO BAC!!!

• Like 3

Aneurysms trump keystrokes. Good luck to all..

BAC, great year.. sic 'em.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh the irony. Just last week, you quoted me and tried to moderate my response to someone else's post. Now you come on here and sanctimoniously call ME a hypocrite for what you think is the same as what YOU did? You sit behind your computer, chiding and antagonizing what you call "Cadets fans" and you lump us all into one ball implying we have no respect for  others' opinions, when clearly it is YOU who lack respect, tact  and maturity. Do not tell me about lecturing when that is your primary modus operandi. My criticism of Cadets, although extremely palpable, has absolutely nothing to do with your arrogance and immaturity with the way you seem to feel about those who support the Cadets. Stick to one topic, get your facts straight and act your age instead of your shoe size. 

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Never said, nor implied, anything of the sort. I do NOT " lump all Cadets fans into one ball" in the least. One read of their comments on here and its quite obvious to all that they are like ALL fans/ alums of ALL Corps... a diverse group with various opinions, perspectives, insights, experiences. So no, I will not accept that Cadets fans have no respect for others opinions,, and its a silly and scurrilous thing to accuse me of even thinking such, let alone that I share  such a ridiculous assessment of Cadets fan/ alums.  Dozen of Cadets alums & fans are my friends and have been so since before you even marched in Drum Corps, and in some cases before you were even born. That said, enjoy your day, and the discussion of Drum Corps here on DCP moving forward. And a suggestion..... relax.. its only Drum Corps. Its a hobby. A recreation. Its not life and death, my young friend.

GO BAC!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Just watched both shows and didn't read this entire thread...

Cadets are too literal with themes and I think this hurts them.  The choir singing the entire show is tough to take.  Cadets just seem like they are trying too hard.

Boston has intrigue and an overall better product.  Because of the way the judging community sees the corps, Boston will have to be three points better than Cadets to beat them by a tenth.  Just the way it has always been.  Can they?  It depends on their instructional staff.  The product is there.

Well....I do agree the Cadets are too literal with their themes - it's a bit of an overkill. I think the dancing with the Bibles and the narration has to go. IMO the show would be much more enjoyable without the narration. That being said, I think the Cadets show has more visual and musical demand than Boston's, and I prefer it to Boston's (even though that show is really growing on me). I also disagree with your last comment - Boston would need to be 0.1 better than the Cadets to beat the Cadets by 0.1. If your theory was the case Academy would never have beaten Madison last year. I don't think the judges (although they may have bias) would not shy away from putting BAC above the Cadets - that would be a thrill for the activity. They are certainly closing the gap on the Cadets, and with visual proficiency, and GE it's possible they could overtake them, but I'm not sure they will beat them in GE, and I do not believe they will in brass or percussion. We'll see, I guess.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I don't need any suggestions from you, nor do I need your condescending "young friend" remarks. I don't know you, and judging from your posts here, I don't even like you, so don't refer to me as your "young friend" because I am not your friend. 

Direct your advice to yourself, because you clearly need it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't need any suggestions from you 

Well, then be consistent and don't give such to me either. Move on from this. You are embarrassing yourself with the repetitiveness of this back and forth. I threw you an olive branch in my last sentence to you above. Take that, and move on. Its getting the point now that I don't even know what you are complaining about anymore with me ( lol!). Or put me on your ignore, and save us both from this in the future. But in any event, just stop with this. I'm trying my best to do so with you at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1