TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

I'm not an expert at devining anything from the recaps, but they do look a little weird for some reason.  I'll take these with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens in San Antonio before making any predictions for the rest of the season.

I don't disagree that some of the captions looked a bit off tonight but hey we will see if these patterns hold at the regional as you say 

38 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

Is it just me? Did Crown have a fuller sound then everyone else or is it just floMarching that made the other corps sound wacko? I realize CC has the best brass and all but I could also here battery/pit with Crown. I have not heard any of the others as clearly. ?

No they were ####### with the #### audio feed all night, THAT wore me out more than anything else tonight heh. :mat:

I like how the captions fleshed out. Lots of interesting scoring. I want to see how these scores are going to stand in San Antonio. I am not sure but we may be seeing a SCV & CC fight for the Gold at finals. I have to say though and this is just my personal opinion, I am hoping for a SCV finals gold. That show is becoming a masterpiece. Just have a few scratchy moments but that will get cleaned up. CC has to get GE raised. They will. Everyone of the top 4 have a solid shot. It's going to be fun. :1_grinning:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Visual Analysis judge ... screwed SCV over tonight.

Maybe he should see the drill silently - as we did!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I love Bluecoats ballad. They won on GE last year, and 3 other corps have stepped it up on GE this year. If Bluecoats stand a chance to win finals, they are going to have to somehow take brass, percussion or guard. 

Just don't agree. I would love to know what the judges think of the ballad. 

The thing with bc is, how do you evolve and add to this show? It moves so fast, everything is so tied together. At this stage, they have lost to all three of the other contenders. I don't see how they can overtake them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrunyon1 said:

I like how the captions fleshed out. Lots of interesting scoring. I want to see how these scores are going to stand in San Antonio. I am not sure but we may be seeing a SCV & CC fight for the Gold at finals. I have to say though and this is just my personal opinion, I am hoping for a SCV finals gold. That show is becoming a masterpiece. Just have a few scratchy moments but that will get cleaned up. CC has to get GE raised. They will. Everyone of the top 4 have a solid shot. It's going to be fun. :1_grinning:

I agree, but I think BD is going to be hard to beat. They are always just so #### good and have not glaring weaknesses. I'm not sure SCV does this year either, though. I hope they win it all.

7 minutes ago, corpstrength said:

They always win going on first...

Almost.

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

If BD waters down their book, wouldn't that hurt their content score vs SCV as they have a strong book that will not be watered down?

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but ScoJo doesn't usually hose it, so they really don't have much of a choice but to clean it up.

Their content score would also likely increase a bit when it gets cleaned up. It'll read a lot better.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

Is it just me? Did Crown have a fuller sound then everyone else or is it just floMarching that made the other corps sound wacko? I realize CC has the best brass and all but I could also here battery/pit with Crown. I have not heard any of the others as clearly. ?

No.  it isn't just you. That's the Crown sound. They are that good. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1