TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I now feel like the ballad is going to cost Bluecoats. I get what they are going for but it just doesn't deliver. In a race this tight, with three othe legit contenders, you can't be so so in your ballad.

i am so discouraged with Flo. Was really hoping to get some conclusive thoughts on music tonight. What a waste. Esp that we missed the first third of BD, most notably their ballad. 

I love Bluecoats ballad. They won on GE last year, and 3 other corps have stepped it up on GE this year. If Bluecoats stand a chance to win finals, they are going to have to somehow take brass, percussion or guard. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Devil's 5th in drums have to bite them in the butt sooner or later

If you're a BD fan, 7/10's off the pace in percussion is too much.   Could be just one show.  But, if this turns into a trend, this can certainly open the door for someone to overtake them.

• Like 1

I'm not an expert at divining anything from the recaps, but they do look a little weird for some reason.  I'll take these with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens in San Antonio before making any predictions for the rest of the season.

Edited by jasgre2000

The judges were basically spot on tonight.  Captions are where they should be....spreads may be a little compressed in some areas and a little too big in others, but the judges nailed it. Judging trends come and go, but BD may have helped their cause tonight by going on first and maybe slowing the SCV push that seemed to be prevalent for a few days.  Bluecoast just seemed to settle into that 4th spot.  Crowd seemed a bit lukewarm to SCV following BD...which could bode well for BD as well.  Amazing teams for sure.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Agree. That snare book is insane in some parts and I haven't heard it clean once so far. It won't most likely get watered, so hoping they clean it up.

If BD waters down their book, wouldn't that hurt their content score vs SCV as they have a strong book that will not be watered down?

I want SCV to win this year. Their show is good enough to get it done and that organization has gone through over a decade of missing the podium. And it's their 50th??? That would be so perfect!

• Like 5

Just now, UKSuperman said:

I noticed they were improved at NKY, but didn't have any of the top percussion sections to compare them to. Glad to see that they're competing with the big boys now. :inlove:

But their guard is still down some.

• Like 1