FLO REFUND

16 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

I didn't watch last night but the shows Saturday were very good for me. 

Look, obviously, what they did was brought in local people from broken arrow to run the cameras and hook up the audio to the stadium audio equipment. I get it, they tried to cut corners on a high school show because the alternative was probably spending a whole lot of money that they did not plan for. 

So let's chalk this one up to experience, and hope they learned their lesson.

14 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Look, obviously, what they did was brought in local people from broken arrow to run the cameras and hook up the audio to the stadium audio equipment. I get it, they tried to cut corners on a high school show because the alternative was probably spending a whole lot of money that they did not plan for. 

So let's chalk this one up to experience, and hope they learned their lesson.

I would grant you this as true if it was only an audio issue.  As I stated earlier, this is not the first time the director selected a camera for the live feed that was "inappropriate" for the show.  Weather it be a guardie changing equipment on the sideline, a shot of people hiding under/behind a prop or showing someone only after they completed a solo, this is very low tier quality when we are paying the full price to support their learning curve. 

Every one of these corps competing spend large amounts of $ to get the right equipment to do their shows.  Shouldn't we expect the same from DCI and their subcontractors?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

They are not experienced in drum Corps. Neither was the reality TV show last year, and it showed.  Shooting live events requires you to understand what's happening and especially what is most likely to happen, otherwise you can't be prepared when it happens. 

It took me years to get good at shooting athletics events. Years, and hundreds of out of focus, late shots.

They obviously used camera operators who had never shot a drum corps show before. It was embarrassing, but I'm willing to bet they won't make that mistake again.

Edited by MikeRapp

Has to be a way to take that bet! :laughing:

I'm not in the habit of paying someone for a learning experience. 

• Like 1

A director still makes the call regarding which camera goes out to the live feed.  Clearly you understand what I am saying.  The director in the booth/van has a view of every camera and makes the decision which one goes "live" at any given moment.  To stay on a guardie for 5+ seconds while they are kneeling on the ground changing equipment is not learning curve issue when it happens multiple times. Some version of this scenario has happened at every show. 

Someone mentioned earlier that DCI should have someone with "Drum Corps" experience working with Flo and they should have fixed this as well.

Mike, You are better than this and I respect your opinions.  However, you are sounding like an apologist trying to defend an inferior product right now.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Even a 2nd rate league in a 4th rate sport has a better stream, and they do it for free (United Soccer League on YouTube). I dont think YouTube has a private, subscription platform, but DCI should know to use a company w/o a bad reputation.

• Like 1

FloMarching has bitten off more than it can chew IMO.  In their effort to corner the market, they forgot that the drum corps audience is a demanding one - and for good reason.  I can almost forgive FloMarching for their eagerness but DCI - what were they thinking?

Flame me all you want people, but you all did what most people do: Fail to read before signing up then complain!!! You all actually agreed to the following when you signed the contact with Flo:

6. Warranty Disclaimer

... FloSports Inc MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT... ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSION ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE FloSports WEBSITE.

Edited by Stu

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Flame me all you want people, but you all did what most people do: Fail to read before signing up then complain!!! You all actually agreed to the following when you signed the contact with Flo:

6. Warranty Disclaimer

... FloSports Inc MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT...

LOL. Not a good argument. They didn't deliver what we purchased. Pure and simple.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

6. Warranty Disclaimer

... FloSports Inc MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT...

Someone had to bring up the fine print. 

We're not worthy........................:worthy:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2