The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

It will be quite interesting to see what caption wins out, Visual, or GE. 

SCV has the upper hand in GE, BD in visual. 

With how divided GE scores are this year, I think there's a bit more risk on banking on GE scores 

Just now, Cappybara said:

It will be quite interesting to see what caption wins out, Visual, or GE. 

SCV has the upper hand in GE, BD in visual. 

With how divided GE scores are this year, I think there's a bit more risk on banking on GE scores 

I would love to hear judging tapes on SCV visual because I don't know how in the hell they aren't winning it every night.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Sweet Fancy Moses..Vanguard is TEARING IT UP! What sub-caption did bd get over them?

BD swept all visual captions. That was the difference. BDs music analysis is their weakness coming in 3rd tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I would love to hear judging tapes on SCV visual because I don't know how in the hell they aren't winning it every night.

Judging sheets award diversity of techniques demonstrated. So SCV may march more drill, but if it isn't clean, it won't get rewarded. BD has a few segments where they're performing some really difficult drill maneuvers and do it extremely well and it gets credited and the judges move on to looking at the next skill set 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Judging sheets award diversity of techniques demonstrated. So SCV may march more drill, but if it isn't clean, it won't get rewarded. BD has a few segments where they're performing some really difficult drill maneuvers and do it extremely well and it gets credited and the judges move on to looking at the next skill set 

Honestly, I would like to be shown one thing that isn't "clean" in SCV's show. It is absurd how precise that show is, esp compared to Bluecoats and BD.

• Like 4

Cavies are really gunning for that Zingali award. Did SCV's guard have and off night? It seems that caption and percussion they have been taking those captions.