Clifton: Part Dos - August 2, 2017

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'll take your research as accurate B, but I imagine, all corps being considered, a high percentage of mm live in another state or country.   I don't think having already marched in their corps home state makes a dam change in how their performing anyways.  It's just another town/city on their exciting DCI journey in 2017.

I think there will be a little something extra tonight in Lawrence for Boston.  I also think that is true when any corps comes "home".   It's not just another town at all.

• Like 2

Wow Prosperie judged?? If he scored BK that low and Cadets over BAC, I certainly believe it. I have a lot of respect for his judging 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I think there will be a little something extra tonight in Lawrence for Boston.  I also think that is true when any corps comes "home".   It's not just another town at all.

I agree. Boston Crusaders marchers get a good boost of support in Boston from alums and fans when they come to town a week or so before Indy.. So its not " just another town " on Boston's tour at all. Boston got a bump in score earlier this summer on tour in Florida too, as thats not just " another town/ state " on tour either. So we both take exception to what Ghost says here regarding this. Coming back to Boston before heading out to Allentown, then Indy DOES give the marchers a boost, imo. Don't take my word for it. ask the marchers, and recent marchers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

My side of this discussion has been about all WC mm, not just those in Boston's.  Yes, the BAC will look forward to this day with the cookout and all, but for everyone else, it's another stop on their way to Indy.  Just about every mm enjoys performing no matter where they are during the season.

Edited by Ghost

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

I agree. It is tough show-to-show, and I really have nothing to compare against as this was my one and only live viewing, but I think both BK and Cadets were lower than I would have expected, esp BK. A couple more tenths across the board to get BK in the 87'ish range is what I would have expected as a general comment. Cadets VA score was very low as compared to BAC, esp as the last two times head-to-head Cadets were over them in VA. Mascaro has had the Cadets very low in VA the past two times he has seen them.

While true, Ms. Fabrizio had Cadets Brass over Boston last night in New Jersey, and that was perhaps an outlier too, as Boston's brass has been topping Cadets Brass of late.   That said, Boston won all the GE captions across the board last nite, and along with Boston's strong Guard score, this was the essential difference that allowed Boston to pull away from the Cadets by a point more than the previous head to head matchup score of a week ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

While true, Ms. Fabrizio had Cadets Brass over Boston last night in New Jersey, and that was perhaps an outlier too, as Boston's brass has been topping Cadets Brass of late.   That said, Boston won all the GE captions across the board last nite, and along with Boston's strong Guard score, this was the essential difference that allowed Boston to pull away from the Cadets by a point more than the previous head to head matchup score of a week ago.

she didnt move all night..stage right side line and hardly moved an inch

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

she didnt move all night..stage right side line and hardly moved an inch

Corps are frequently critiqued for 'park and bark' yet  Ms. Fabrizio apparently stalled and scored lol...SMFH.