A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes.

Frankly, Cadets have not been on the verge of winning since 2011.  And electronics are not the cause of those outcomes.  

well how they use them hasnt always helped.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Perhaps, but the difference now is having the on-field experience.   Having the practical experience now will provide for a better evaluation and go-forward plan if needed.

For the record, I am not one of the those who believe electronics is a bad thing.  It's the way it's used is what counts. If used well - good.  In not - not so good.  Electronics is like anything else that is presented on the field of competition.  I actually love SCV's show this year.   They are very creative in micing their 12 feature brass players.   As a fan, I get to enjoy some pretty incredible sounds and mixes that would not be possible without electronics.   But, I also can understand why, for some, it may not be their cup of tea.

Also, if you think about it, some talk of electronics as though we're already there in terms of utilization.   I believe that DCi has only now begun tapping into electronics as an effective tool.    I don't think it's time to turn the dial back.  Rather, continue to give the corps free reign in using it as they see fit.  They'll figure it out and we'll all benefit by it.   

As for props, they should be here to stay as well.  It can be an arms race in spending.  And logistics can be an issue too.  I know it's hard for some corps to keep up with the Jones's, but squelching the activity is not the way to go either.

But, further discussion is warranted. It is time to assess the issue, as all other relative issues should be discussed.  It's how you learn and how you move the acitivity forward. 

i'm also not opposed to electronics. However to bring where you quoted me into the post, we saw for years in the band world where it could go...hence why in 2003 we pointed this stuff out

This thread was the last thing I was reading before I fell asleep and it led to a dream where the VK of Old (featuring some of the kids I remember teaching there in '87) was being introduced by Crocker..."on the field, performing their 2019 show 'Unplugged', please welcome...the Velllllllvet Kniiiiights!!" VK's opening set was was the same as Cadets 2011, and with a bloodcurdling yell instead of heaving a G bugle the entire front rank whipped backfield, and squads of four MMs each grabbed an amp then turned around and heaved the amps toward the DM.  And the crowd went nuts. 

This is what happens when you read DCP and eat a bowl of Honeycombs cereal before bedtime.

Edited by TRacer

2 hours ago, TRacer said:

This thread was the last thing I was reading before I fell asleep and it led to a dream where the VK of Old (featuring some of the kids I remember teaching there in '87) was being introduced by Crocker..."on the field, performing their 2019 show 'Unplugged', please welcome...the Velllllllvet Kniiiiights!!" VK's opening set was was the same as Cadets 2011, and with a bloodcurdling yell instead of heaving a G bugle the entire front rank whipped backfield, and squads of four MMs each grabbed an amp then turned around and heaved the amps toward the DM.  And the crowd went nuts. 

This is what happens when you read DCP and eat a bowl of Honeycombs cereal before bedtime.

what was in the milk you used LOL

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  If the Cadets musical design-team was propelling the Cadets into an undefeated season with an unprecedented number of championships about to take place, with the designs of his musical staff topping both GE and Music Analysis at every show, you believe that GH would go public and undermine and undercut his design staff by knocking their designs which are winning? Really? You think he would throw his design staff under the bus while he and his corps are about to go undefeated?

If I recall correctly, his examples of going too far were all other corps, not his own.  Since he did not "throw his design staff under the bus" now, I would not expect him to do so in your hypothetical situation.  

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not all systems are compatible. Then you have sponsorship issues.

thank you

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Welcome to the jungle!!! What you suggest would work in a small county fair talent show, but the exteteme demands at the level of WC DCI would forbid this type of generic sharing of community equipment.

thank you

If I recall correctly, his examples of going too far were all other corps, not his own.  Since he did not "throw his design staff under the bus" now, I would not expect him to do so in your hypothetical situation.  

I think that if it was his corps and his staff and his direction that created Metamoroh or Oroboros and was competing for the Gold with those legal designs that are pushing the limits beyond expectation, he would be praising them!!!!

Edited by Stu

no he has facebook live to chuck his staff and kids under the bus