Boston Crusaders 2018

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Oh yea, that's  quintessential Boston for me. 

I wouldn't mind, but I don't think they are going to rehash old stuff...

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

I wouldn't mind, but I don't think they are going to rehash old stuff...

Maybe a quote or few with new music as the main focus?

26 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

could be could be

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Personally, I am ok with all new music: no rehash, no quotes of old.  From last year on: new corps, new staff, new programming, new philosophy all geared to singleness of purpose of Building/becoming A Champion.  These kids and staff are creating their own Crusader identity.  And musical memorializing can be though encore programming.  But that's all my personal opinion as much as I love the recall and quoting done in past years and it should always be part of any Crusader MM's history.  You need to know your past to create your future.   ••|•|•••

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Personally, I am ok with all new music: no rehash, no quotes of old.  From last year on: new corps, new staff, new programming, new philosophy all geared to singleness of purpose of Building/becoming A Champion.  These kids and staff are creating their own Crusader identity.  And musical memorializing can be though encore programming.  But that's all my personal opinion as much as I love the recall and quoting done in past years and it should always be part of any Crusader MM's history.  You need to know your past to create your future.   ••|•|•••

Absolutely agree...that's what the fun encore stuff is for at Lawrence especially :)

Besides we have the Crusader Senior Corps to play the classics! :)

• Like 6

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I can go either way. I enjoy new shows and new ideas, I also love tradition. Where bringing out the “oldies but goodies” does not work is when it is taken out to hide other flaws in the show, and this is not something BAC does.  What I do think you can argue is whether “Conquest” or strains of it is the signature or is it the pluck and determination of the corps? For me, it’s a toss up as to whether “Red” in 2000 is the best performance of BAC or last year’s performance at finals, and I’m talking personal feeling rather than scores, difficulty, etc, however, one of the most memorable performances for me was semi’s in 2016. Just about everyone counted them out of finals and at prelims they appeared very nervous. The next day they appeared as if to say, “If this is our last show, let’s go out with a bang.” They did it and proved many wrong. My guess is this year’s show will top last year’s, but the drive and push are what will do it for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Wow. Really nice!

I'm dumb on the battery side of things..so any input from "the experts" to give me a little better perspective is very much appreciated :)