Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

4 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

3 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

That is literally my list exactly. Babylon is getting close, though.

If they make the ending really special it could end up my #1. Gotta wait and see!

Believe me. IT IS SPECIAL. That ending is the dagger that will make babies from all over the world get thrown.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Believe me. IT IS SPECIAL. That ending is the dagger that will make babies from all over the world get thrown.

posted from the DrumScorps app

You have an interesting way of mixing your metaphors. You ARE mixing your metaphors, yes?  

Of course it’s impossible to really know, but could this be one of the most physically demanding shows ever? I mean It’s not classic Cadets-style with fast whiplash drill for 6 minutes straight, but there’s so much strength involved in all the constant body movement, core-centric poses, moving props, etc. and the tempos aren’t exactly slow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Of course it’s impossible to really know, but could this be one of the most physically demanding shows ever? I mean It’s not classic Cadets-style with fast whiplash drill for 6 minutes straight, but there’s so much strength involved in all the constant body movement, core-centric poses, moving props, etc. and the tempos aren’t exactly slow.

It is at least for that guy who does all those crazy flips and jumps off the platforms.  There was one I missed in the past where, right before the full corps dance, he does a running start on a medium platform and pretty much uses it as a vault like they do in gymnastics.  Holy crap is he athletic.  His poor knees in the future tho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Of course it’s impossible to really know, but could this be one of the most physically demanding shows ever? 

In my opinion... no... . There are dozens of genuine praises that one can utilized to describe this wonderful SCV production with superior mm talent on display in all captions. And the demand is certainly there requiring show stamina, endurance, and it is a physically demanding show for the marchers on the whole, including the percussion battery ( except the all important FE, that is not physically demanding much at all ). But my answer to your question for the marchers collectively would be  " no " . There are Cadets, BD and Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, and even SCV years themselves, that were as equally as " physically demanding ", imo... Keep in mind, that show minutes in movement and in judged times were longer in duration in some seasons too, lest we forget. But again, the SCV production is " physically demanding " on its marchers, and I  do not want to take away that aspect of its production in worthy praise of it, if that is your primary intent..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 7:31 AM, MikeRapp said:

If SCV is indeed 50% rookies, does anyone know where they came from? I know they had huge age out numbers last season, so it’s shocking to see them achieve at this level in 2018.

1/3 of the vanguard comes from Texas, another 1/3 comes from Cali and the final 1/3 from all over including 2 from Japan. 

3 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

1/3 of the vanguard comes from Texas, another 1/3 comes from Cali and the final 1/3 from all over including 2 from Japan

How many move up from Vanguard Cadets?

5 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

It is at least for that guy who does all those crazy flips and jumps off the platforms.  There was one I missed in the past where, right before the full corps dance, he does a running start on a medium platform and pretty much uses it as a vault like they do in gymnastics.  Holy crap is he athletic.  His poor knees in the future tho.

Its actually a different corp member that does the vault maneuver. So many of them are athletically gifted.