Madison Scouts 2018

9 hours ago, FlamMan said:

CK is an alumn. I never had control. 99.9% of the other Scout alumns never had control, Nor do they bear any responsibility for the current disastrous state of this corp.  I'm not sure what point your getting at, but the current Madison regime is a complete failure & they should resign. I hope the Scouts can survive this disaster. I'm not sure they can. 

There is a correlation between financial strength and placements. Its no surprise that the 2  current front runners  in DCI ( BD and SCV ) are also the strongest financially as Organizations. If the Madison Scouts Alums believe they can have stronger Show Designs, better placements, attract better instructors, better marchers, with behind the scenes weak financials, its not going to happen FlamMan. Nothing successful can happen on the field in World Class until such time that the Financials itself at the Madison Scouts become TOP 6.. Its that going to be easy to turn around the Financial strength ? No. its going to take a a few years, lot of leg work, a lot of outreach, a lot of fund raising skills, and a lot of Alums to step up to the plate financially... and big time now. Otherwise, they can remain the Milwaukee Brewers of DCI, and yet wonder why they can't compete anymore for World Series Titles like LA, Boston, Chicago,  St. Louis, NY,  Houston, etc now can.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There is a correlation between financial strength and placements. Its no surprise that the 2  current front runners  in DCI ( BD and SCV ) are also the strongest financially as Organizations. If the Madison Scouts Alums believe they can have stronger Show Designs, better placements, attract better instructors, better marchers, with behind the scenes weak financials, its not going to happen FlamMan. Nothing successful can happen on the field in World Class until such time that the Financials at the Madison Scouts become TOP 6.. Its that going to be easy to turn around the Financial strength ? No. its going to take a lot of leg work, a lot of outreach, a lot of fund raising skills, and a lot of Alums to step up to the plate financially... and big time now. Otherwise, they can remain the Milwaukee Brewers of DCI, and wonder why they can't compete anymore for World Series Titles like LA, Boston, NY,  Houston, etc now can.

I would totally agree with this and add the thought process and basic way of thinking needs to be examined. Obviously, neither way is working

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There is a correlation between financial strength and placements. Its no surprise that the 2  current front runners  in DCI ( BD and SCV ) are also the strongest financially as Organizations. If the Madison Scouts Alums believe they can have stronger Show Designs, better placements, attract better instructors, better marchers, with behind the scenes weak financials, its not going to happen FlamMan. Nothing successful can happen on the field in World Class until such time that the Financials itself at the Madison Scouts become TOP 6.. Its that going to be easy to turn around the Financial strength ? No. its going to take a a few years, lot of leg work, a lot of outreach, a lot of fund raising skills, and a lot of Alums to step up to the plate financially... and big time now. Otherwise, they can remain the Milwaukee Brewers of DCI, and yet wonder why they can't compete anymore for World Series Titles like LA, Boston, Chicago,  St. Louis, NY,  Houston, etc now can.

You raise a lot of good points. However, they can do a design much better than what they are putting out now. They spent money on a hideous prop and heinous uniforms. Bottom line, the design staff is not producing. Seriously, I obvi can't design or that would be my job, but I would know well enough to say, "Ah, no" to those unis and prop.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Scouts make bad decisions that alienate alumni & fans. You then blame the alumni & fans for the corps demise?

So you're saying that your preference of what the corps does from a programming and performance standpoint matters more than the corps surviving financially?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, swmstom said:

The ridiculous note by the SCV dude got a polite applause but in years past that would've drawn a roar they could've heard in Savannah.

Not in San Antonio it wasn't.  Brought the house down.  Flo doesn't capture audience reaction very well at all. 

Mike

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Not in San Antonio it wasn't.  Brought the house down.  Flo doesn't capture audience reaction very well at all. 

Mike

Seriously, THIS.

5 hours ago, Gantang said:

The wealthy won't invest money in a dying product. Nostalgia for one's youth isn't enough for some people to donate money to a cause they no longer respect, appreciate, or doubt a viable future.

100% exactly right.

43 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

So you're saying that your preference of what the corps does from a programming and performance standpoint matters more than the corps surviving financially?

Nope. I never said this.

5 hours ago, Gantang said:

The wealthy won't invest money in a dying product. Nostalgia for one's youth isn't enough for some people to donate money to a cause they no longer respect, appreciate, or doubt a viable future.

The Titanic will sink. Time to build a new ship.

15 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Nope. I never said this.

But if Madison is in as dire straits as the people on this board are making it out to be, isn't that the decision that the alumni and fans are forced to make to ensure the survival of the corps? They are the donaters who help keep the corps afloat, no?