swmstom

Madison Scouts 2018

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, BRASSO said:

 The Madison Scouts will survive if enough Alums step up to the plate and donate/ volunteer.

 Madison Scouts will not survive if not enough Alums step up to the plate and donate/volunteer.

 The Madison Scouts have one of THE largest Alum bases in all of Drum Corps. Presumably, out of the tens of thousands that have marched there in the last half a century, there has got to be a few hundred of them at the very least that are now very affluent, comfortable, and very well off financially. So if the Madison Scouts run out of money to effectively compete, then I suppose its fair to say that too many of them simply don't care enough about their former Corps anymore and are prepared to let the Madison Scouts have a nail in their coffin leading to its financial " death" . Well, if THAT occurs, its pretty easy for outsiders like us to see where the primary blame for that will lie.

  

alums need to feel the money is going to be used wisely. See Allentown pre-April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So total conspiracy theory here. Did the admin purposefully put a dud out there knowing a horrible placement would happen so they could push the co-ed agenda? Kind of a "see, we told you we can't survive as all male" type deal?

I would hope that isn't the case. But with how it was discussed pre season and then this pitiful design, you can't help but wonder.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, swmstom said:

So total conspiracy theory here. Did the admin purposefully put a dud out there knowing a horrible placement would happen so they could push the co-ed agenda? Kind of a "see, we told you we can't survive as all male" type deal?

 

  I suppose anything is possible, but No, I don't believe the Madison Scouts mgt team intentionally sabotaged their marchers chances for success this season by taking their hard earned money, and then fraudulently putting together a show they hoped would fail for some reason. Thats just too bizarre a thought for me to even wrap my head around as a possible reason that the Madison Scouts are having an off year, placement wise.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 12:56 AM, FlamMan said:

That my friends might just be the greatest post ever posted on this message board. Well said, written & 100% spot on accurate. Thanks J.

As for the Cigar, I'll take an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 please.

 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, FlamMan said:

 

Best post in this thread. 100% exactly right.

 

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

 

Best post in this thread.

 

Looks like you have a high bar for the term "best post" :lle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

 

 

 

Looks like you have a high bar for the term "best post" :lle:

Worst post in this thread.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

  I suppose anything is possible, but No, I don't believe the Madison Scouts mgt team intentionally sabotaged their marchers chances for success this season by taking their hard earned money, and then fraudulently putting together a show they hoped would fail for some reason. Thats just too bizarre a thought for me to even wrap my head around as a possible reason that the Madison Scouts are having an off year, placement wise.

I agree with you. I would not be surprised if the folks who created the show thought the show was innovative and a powerhouse. I have not seen the show live yet, but I will this Friday. While I’m sure I won’t say “Wow, this is better than 77,85, 91, 99, etc.,” I may find it better than I expect since so many have trashed the show, the staff, the board, and just about everyone else involved with Madison.

Objectively, I’ll probably see a show that tries to hard to be like other shows, has some good moments,  but does not have a Madison feel to it which could be why it might not work well. 

Every corps has an off year, and in some cases those off year shows become cult favorites. In many cases off year does not mean falling from finals, but what is most important is what is learned from the off year. It could be argued that many in Madison have had complaints for years, fine, but what is the plan for moving forward? Getting rid of everyone from top to bottom is not a plan or a solution. Madison needs to figure out what needs to be done and how it’s going to do it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree with you. I would not be surprised if the folks who created the show thought the show was innovative and a powerhouse. I have not seen the show live yet, but I will this Friday. While I’m sure I won’t say “Wow, this is better than 77,85, 91, 99, etc.,” I may find it better than I expect since so many have trashed the show, the staff, the board, and just about everyone else involved with Madison.

Objectively, I’ll probably see a show that tries to hard to be like other shows, has some good moments,  but does not have a Madison feel to it which could be why it might not work well. 

Every corps has an off year, and in some cases those off year shows become cult favorites. In many cases off year does not mean falling from finals, but what is most important is what is learned from the off year. It could be argued that many in Madison have had complaints for years, fine, but what is the plan for moving forward? Getting rid of everyone from top to bottom is not a plan or a solution. Madison needs to figure out what needs to be done and how it’s going to do it.

The weird part is the back half of the show, from the time Megan comes out with her solo to the end, *totally* has a Madison feel to it.  It's just the front half that feels off.  I honestly think the opener likely looked better on paper than it ended up in practice. 

Mike

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping I don’t have to clean up much more sniping back and forth between posters. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

alums need to feel the money is going to be used wisely. See Allentown pre-April

Alums will not buy new deck chairs for the Titanic. They will help pay for a new ship, and a captain that will steer clear of future icebergs.

Edited by Plankton
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Plankton said:

Alums will not buy new deck chairs for the Titanic. They will help pay for a new ship, and a captain that will steer clear of future icebergs.

agreed.  So while the season hasn't been a success to many peoples expectations, it's not like they had to take out big loans to get them through and bail themselves out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.