Phantom Regiment 2018

On 7/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, phd-student-TTU said:

Since I won’t see them live this year, I watched them on YouTube. I haven’t watched any other corps’ videos so I can’t compare it to anyone in their scoring bloc. 

I don’t really notice a through line to follow. Design just doesn’t do anything for me. I can tell it was designed by someone who works with HS bands. The show kinda just stays one note. 

And yet it currently sits at 8th place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

This opener is a gem

That opening book drill move is brilliant.

• Like 1

I think the comments on the 2013 show are hilarious, in a good way. I remember when everyone was hating on that show - big time. The witch was particularly hated. Funny how time changes things.

Also, just watched the St. Louis show - wow - what a difference. I think we could see a substantial push and improvement between now and Indy. This show is not my cup of tea, but I am glad they are improving. The look on some of their faces at the end is priceless. That’s what it’s all about.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just now, PRomoter said:

I think the comments on the 2013 show are hilarious, in a good way. I remember when everyone was hating on that show - big time. The witch was particularly hated. Funny how time changes things.

Also, just watched the St. Louis show - wow - what a difference. I think we could see a substantial push and improvement between now and Indy. This show is not my cup of tea, but I am glad they are improving. The look on some of their faces at the end is priceless. That’s what it’s all about.

I still think that Witch is ridiculous but I do think that a lot of Phantom’s shows don’t get appreciated until after the season is over. I’m particularly fond of Swan Lake which I remember was also pretty unpopular on here 

• Like 2

For me, Regiment's shows get better with time by comparison. 2014 wasn't great, but compared with, say, 2016, it's solid.

I felt the same with some of BD's shows prior to 2014. I didn't especially like 2009, but when compared to 2010...

11 hours ago, PRomoter said:

I heard from another viewer that PR made some changes to their closer which was described as "chill inducing". Have any details on it? I remember around this time last summer they had added most of their final changes to the show besides the kick halt at the end. 

I will be seeing them at the North Texas show tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing the show live! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

I heard from another viewer that PR made some changes to their closer which was described as "chill inducing". Have any details on it? I remember around this time last summer they had added most of their final changes to the show besides the kick halt at the end. 

I will be seeing them at the North Texas show tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing the show live! 

They added the "wedge" before the final push. All brass except tubas, I think, wind up on the tarp at the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

They added the "wedge" before the final push. All brass except tubas, I think, wind up on the tarp at the end.

That is awesome news! I was hoping that they would include it for this show, even if it is a modified version of it. There was too much downtime during the drum break at the end with the brass standing still waiting to hit the final chord. I'm just glad I don't have to wait until August and Quarterfinals to see it! 

I'm concerned with the amount of space they will have to work with (the tarp) tomorrow at CH Collins Stadium for the North Texas show, it is notoriously small with little to no space between the sideline and concrete wall where the front row seats are located. There is barely enough room for the front ensemble no room for a full-sized drum major podium, and I remember several drum majors had to conduct from the stands over the years. This can also greatly impact the visibility of the performers up front on the tarp from the stands. Their horns will be blasting right in front of the wall, and might have to angle them to the press box!

Photo for reference: 

Image result for denton ch collins